urgent help required , is it an import ? pics p3!

hi all

I recently purchased(deposit down due to pick up saturday) an azure blue gt pack 350z

the car all seems uk spec for gt , brembos, leather , mnaual , uk style plate.

howvere i just rang my insurance to get a quote for the swap an they are telling me its a farlady !

the car was advtised as Gt spec and as far as i can see it is but im far from an expert so before i take delivery is there any sure fire way to confirm its UK? has anyone else had a simalar thing ??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant remember and i dont have any pics as the advert is gone !

which should it be so i can try and check ?

i thought that the imports had the indactors on the wrong side also , this was normal UK side and the wingmirros didnt do any funky dipping althougb there was a switch i couldnt figure out by the mirrors :(

if it is an import i dont wnat the car/ want some serious money off so i need to find out for sure before i pick up the car.

i ran the reg through my text check and got nothing about import so i dont know if that would show

Admiral did the same with me :boxing: it may just mean they selected thr wrong type when putting in the details.

that what im hoping , i wouldnt ahve thought on import it would have gone through all the hasle of changing the dash , the plate etc all seemed fine when i bought it but now im really worried ive been stung .

Have you seen the service history for it? If not then you shouldn't have put a deposit down. The service history will show you where the car was purchased new, and who the original owner was. Go back and check. Sometimes though the insurance companies haven't got a clue, so i would say the car is a uk version but just make sure. :thumbs:

aston martin brentford it never appeard on theyre site as i had it soon after they got it in so only mad it to auto trader, yes i did check the service history was all nissan UK as far as i can remember.

im awating a call back fromt he dealer to check where it has gotten to in terms ready to pick up so il ask them for the service details then !

had a skim over the hpi site and that doesnt seem to say anything about import checks which is odd , the my text check came back as a 350z, 2 owner ( matches what i thought) no scrap etc.

do the uk cars have any sort of folding mirrors or buttons by the mirrors controls ?

i won't be an import - its the insurance company. I had the same problem with one of the companies i got a quote from. They never actually had the option of 350z in their drop down list believe it or not and the numpty on the phone had no clue what the car was!

There is nothing about your car to suggest its an import. Anyway, all you would have to do is check the V5 for the date registered in the uk. Also there wouldn't be a uk service book or owners manual etc.

Edit: don't let your insurance company insure it under the fairlady name if it makes the premiums higher.

yeah insurance co's are dim , im sure i remeber have a simalar issue shopping about online before.

assuming itis a UK car any way i can get them to insure it as UK , dont want to a) pay more or B0 more importantly be insureed for a lower value car !

yeah insurance co's are dim , im sure i remeber have a simalar issue shopping about online before.

assuming itis a UK car any way i can get them to insure it as UK , dont want to a) pay more or B0 more importantly be insureed for a lower value car !

insurance aside, you need to know if its an import as the price should reflect this :surrender:

imports can be described as gt spec usual signs are no headlight washers and (if it hasn't been changed a square rear plate

If you're insurance company won't recognise the car as being a UK spec then its time to look else where and find a good deal. I went to Swiftcover.com and they more than halved my quote down to 350 quid :yahoo: Then 2 weeks later i wrote my car off :scare: and i had a cheque off them within 4 weeks. Great service and everything was done online, couldn't fault them :thumbs:

Yes they do, if its got the little bulges then you're ok :thumbs:

sounds good , i just had a skim thorugh some pics on auto trader and the imports as yous aid dont have any washer jets (well coudlnt see any) and mine deifnalty has some little bulges so i thin its just me in panic mode !

not nice of the insureer to do that !

all i need to sort now is getting the insurance cert faste enough to tax it before the end of the month !

well il find out soon enough as i just gave the dealer a call and he is faxing over a copy of the v5 so i can prove to my insurer and my self its a Uk car.

edit . just noticed on another thread saying jdm= no cruise , mine has it .

mountain , mole hill is coming to mind !

right scan of v5 says first reg in uk as 18 02 2004 which is the same as the date first reg !

and model says 350z not fairlady , thank fork !

now to re ring adrian flux and send em over the scans to prove thyre system is wrong !

thanks guys.

Nice one. Yep no import has cruise :thumbs:

not according to my insurer lol!

cant remember off the top of my head who they are (go through adirna flux brokers , who ahve bee na ce and really cheap so far) but im about half way though the year son dont really fancy ahving to do a complete restart as i was quoted only £98 to do the swap inc all the admin BS assuming its an import so shoud be even less if they wake up !