The Pacific

kObi

watched it last night and can't wait for episode 3...... :bounce:

Actually is tipping me towards ordering sky HD, am i missing out.......?

What TV do you have and connection to it? If it's HD all the way you would be missing out on some nice graphics!

:teeth:

I've told the missus to get rid of her endless recording of come dine with me from the sky plus box so i have enough room for this :thumbs:

:lol: And did she?

Having only watched the trailer and part of the 1st episode (720p) I'm pretty amazed and looking forward watching 1-4 back to back :evil::drunk:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What TV do you have and connection to it? If it's HD all the way you would be missing out on some nice graphics!

Well it's not black and white........ :lol:

I just meant with the lack of sky HD material available is getting HD justifiable for the odd occasion something is on I want to watch...?

I know HD is awesome on my xBox but is it that noticeable on plain old TV....... :dry:

So has there been lots of promotion for this programme over there??? Just curious, as over here they've done letter box flyer drops and a WW2 plane flyover the city and harbour today at 1.30pm. Rather full on just for a tv show.

So has there been lots of promotion for this programme over there??? Just curious, as over here they've done letter box flyer drops and a WW2 plane flyover the city and harbour today at 1.30pm. Rather full on just for a tv show.

:scare:

All we got were adverts every other ad break........ :lol:

I got the tin Blu-ray version of BOB from play for £17.49 - Bargain as it was £50-£60 not so long ago.

the pacific looks great but I don't have sky and I'm not giving them any of my money so I'll have to wait ;)

Not much action last night but starting to bond with the characters a bit now

Still love it :thumbs:

:dry: Sure they're killing them off now so not much bonding to be done!

on V now just watched it... must say it's shaping up a bit now hope it continues the same way, IV was slow as ****.

The most recent episode here (#3) was a total "chick flick" :wacko: . I'm up for a seeing women's boobs under normal circumstances, which could've been done as a flashbacks, but was also really rather hoping to see some general death and mayhem coupled with loud explosions to rock the subwoofer.

I hope #4 gets back on track (with a bit of Ozzie woman flesh as flashbacks ideally) :D

The most recent episode here (#3) was a total "chick flick" :wacko: . I'm up for a seeing women's boobs under normal circumstances, which could've been done as a flashbacks, but was also really rather hoping to see some general death and mayhem coupled with loud explosions to rock the subwoofer.

I hope #4 gets back on track (with a bit of Ozzie woman flesh as flashbacks ideally) :D

oh maybe it was 3 and 4 that was a bit chicky flicky so... its getting back to normal death stuff in the 5th one :#1:

Sky had episodes 1 and 2 the first night (Guadalcanal) which was ok, but not knowing who the characters were it felt a bit random. #3 was the Ozzie chick-flick this week, though I did enjoy the bit where one guy passed out face planting the floor hungover in the early morning roll call.

Glad to hear the action improves again soon!!

+1 :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen up to episode 7 and it keeps getting better. It is a very different war to BOB, where we were used to sein open fields of battle here is is all mountainside stuff and beaches. 6&7 have been the best two episodes for me so far and the preview for 8 looks even better!