Xenon headlights - Strange ???

MiKyHuT

Hi,

had my Zed a few days now. and does anybody else really hate that when they go to dip the beams or indicate they end up turning the lights off??? No? Just me?

Had a scary moment t'other night when i turned them off dipping the beams going round a country bend!!! worst thing is, i flicked them back on and nothing happend!! So i franticaly wiggled the stork and hit full beam and they worked, but when i switched them to dipped again, they went completly off? after a few turning them off and on, they sparked into life....

and again in tescos car park the other night, turned them off by mistake indicating and when i turned them back on, only the drivers side lit up. until i turned them on and off again. haha

is this just a stupid thing with xenons where you cant quickly turn them off and on because of the way they ignite or are mine just dodgy.

since then i have learnt how to dip without turning them off, thankfully. But what if i do it again??? :surrender:

sounds like you have dodgy something.

my guess is your ballasts and igniters are on the way out. shame you just missed out as i order a batch for me and stew and got them at a great discount rate, but only cos i ordered in bulk.

i got 3 for about £50 each, they are second hand, but should do the job. cheapest i've found them other than my bulk buy was about £75 each second hand. similar price for new ones but i believe the ones on ebay are a cheap chinese knock off, hence why stew and I went for original second hand ones from the states.

cheapest UK i've found was from breakers at about £90 each.

i doubt its the bulbs as they would just blow, but could be a wiring harness issue.

hmmm. i hope its nowt serious. its not done it since. will keep fingers crossed that it was just me doing something incredibly dumb. and if it happens again i may try and swindle it on this extended warranty i aparently have. will just have to wait and see.

if not, i will hit you guys with some info on the parts i need =)

hmmm. i hope its nowt serious. its not done it since. will keep fingers crossed that it was just me doing something incredibly dumb. and if it happens again i may try and swindle it on this extended warranty i aparently have. will just have to wait and see.

did it happen when it was raining or just after wet weather. if so then my guess is defo the ballast and igniters. seems to be when they play up.

did it happen when it was raining or just after wet weather. if so then my guess is defo the ballast and igniters. seems to be when they play up.

nope :headhurt:

was actually quite the oposite. A very nice sunny day and a very warm night.

darnit