strange noise after changing clutch and flywheel??

whittingham631

I have just changed my clutch and flywheel (exedy clutch and JWT flywheel), took my car for a quick test run and can hear a strange rubbing type noise at the rear of the car, it only happens when i accelerate, not all the time, has any one got any idea what this could be???

thanks guys

Thanks martin, i was told there would be more mechanical noise but i just thought it would be more from the gearbox rather than what sounds like from the diff.

Hopefully it is just because of the new set up, dont think i have the heart to start stripping anything else off it for a little while now. lol :)

How is the new flywheel? i was thinking about doing those 2 mods you have.

All in in stock and good to go. :thumbs:

Take your pick. :lol:

Any questions then please just ask. :)

FIDANZAKIT.jpg

ba1e_1.jpg

DSCF1620.jpg

DSCF1621.jpg

Cheers,

Alex.

How is the new flywheel? i was thinking about doing those 2 mods you have.

i've only really drove a couple of miles at the min so not had a proper chance to find out, i've seen that quite alot of people on here have the same set up and they're happy with theirs. :thumbs:

My act clutch and flywheel make a light grinding noise at low speed when changing gear but as soon as the revs pick up it vanishies and pulls like a train B)

i think this sort of thing is the norm when uprating the clutch and flywheel :thumbs:

My act clutch and flywheel make a light grinding noise at low speed when changing gear but as soon as the revs pick up it vanishies and pulls like a train B)

i think this sort of thing is the norm when uprating the clutch and flywheel :thumbs:

Thanks for that, puts my mind alot more at ease to know that, dont mind giving it a nice gentle thrashing when we get another dry day. lol :thumbs::thumbs:

Which aftermarket flywheel is the closest to stock as far as noise is concerned btw? Heard that the Nismo one is the least "lightweight".

Unfortunately, none of them really as what is making them heavy in the first place is removed in order to make them light! Best way to reduce the noise is to increase the idle RPM.