Too close for comfort

aquagazgt4

coming back to harwich from colchester today . horrible junction, old boy in a blue french thing pulled out in front of a BMW convertible. bmw didnt even have time to brake. blue car ended up in field , 100yds in front of me this happened, called , police and ambulance services, couple in blue car were airlifted away. lady in grey bm was just shocked and no airbags :scare: was amazed she just got out. afraid couple in blue car didnt seem so good. horrible road and the junction. anyway you never know you can drive like an angel then an octagenerian may just pull out blind.

can see my zed next to ambulance.

camera phone snaps. took care not to catch any people or gore. the brigade busy cutting out driver.

update driver of blue car 84 years old, airlifted serious injuries, passenger minor injuries. BMW driver lady 32, minor injuries released from hospital

All I can think of is how sorry I am for the lady in the BMW and the lady in the blue car, and how much I really hope the old guy is in a lot of pain right now. I can only go on the detail that's been given, and to that extent I have no sympathy for the blind bastard at all who should've actually bothered to look before entering a busy road :angry:

Scary. Same sort of thing happened to me once on the way to a car show, car immediately in front ended up on it's roof in the field by the road. Seeing something like that right before your eyes..... 'Sobering' is a very apt word. Hope all involved are relatively unscathed.

Scary this. And I bet the French thing claimed to have some wonderful NCAP rating but it is still made of tin foil. I'm not a fan of 4x4's but I do think there should be some standards that stop the French using plastic for body panels! Fingers crossed the elderly couple recover. :)