ADMIRAL DONE GOOD

Vik54

Just thought would share with y'all - I've just gone with Admiral fully comp - £681. By far cheapest :yahoo:

Sky came in at £1950, RAC wouldn't offer a quote (currently with them) and Flux and Knott won't quote 'cos no performance experience and car'll be kept on the road. Currently got zero no claims due to three fault claims in last two years - first two settled 50/50 ( I am a magnet for elderly drivers apparently :angry: ) and third was some sod hitting my car while parked - so have gone from 7year NCB to zero. I've also got an SP30. So am v chuffed with the Nelson..............now just have to watch the right foot :lol:

i'm with admiral and they've been great. i'm on their 10 month multiplier at the moment to get my NCB back quicker.

Be warned with this, it isn't recognised by anyone other than Admiral - a clever way to keep you with them once you have done the 1st 10 months...... ;)

I have always found them good, it just happened that Chris Knott stepped up to it this time around. :)

i'm with admiral and they've been great. i'm on their 10 month multiplier at the moment to get my NCB back quicker.

Be warned with this, it isn't recognised by anyone other than Admiral - a clever way to keep you with them once you have done the 1st 10 months...... ;)

I have always found them good, it just happened that Chris Knott stepped up to it this time around. :)

i questioned them about this but was told they are recognised by other insurers. must admit though most of the insurers i've been with i've never had to send proof of NCB's just told them how many years i've had and where from.

my wife on the other hand has had to get letters from the previous insuers and send it off as evidence.

Good to hear you got a good deal... Seems very good although does it allow for mods? Flux have just come through nicely for me so won't hear a bad word said about them! :lol:

Yeah, Admiral allow for mods - all mine declared and they quoted £309 for this year (incl protected no claims, courtesy car and free European Green card). No-one else can get near to that price for me :thumbs:

I have been with admiral for years, great company, only thing to make sure allthough they cover mods, do they pay out for them, as this was a huge issue when re-newing my insurance this year, hence why i went with Sky, as they cover like for like, otherwise though great prices :thumbs:

I have been with admiral for years, great company, only thing to make sure allthough they cover mods, do they pay out for them, as this was a huge issue when re-newing my insurance this year, hence why i went with Sky, as they cover like for like, otherwise though great prices :thumbs:

+1 - like for like cover is vital when you've got a lot of money tied up in a body kit like Mark and I have!!

Yup if you have the likes of bodykits etc then its well worth the money.

Depending on the what you have i.e. induction kit, wheels etc you may well find you are covered in that the cost of a replacement wheel from Nissan could well be more than the cost of a new aftermarket alloy.

Yup if you have the likes of bodykits etc then its well worth the money.

Depending on the what you have i.e. induction kit, wheels etc you may well find you are covered in that the cost of a replacement wheel from Nissan could well be more than the cost of a new aftermarket alloy.

+1 that is so true with their shocking prices! :lol:

I'm chuffed to bits with Admiral; I'm only 24 and park it on a street - they covered me for £700... OK I know initially it seems heavy, but given I'm yound I'd say that's not bad at all!

I was paying £560 for a modded MKIV Golf GTI

God love moneysupermarket.com

I'm chuffed to bits with Admiral; I'm only 24 and park it on a street - they covered me for £700... OK I know initially it seems heavy, but given I'm yound I'd say that's not bad at all!

That is good :thumbs:

I'm paying that and I've got 8 years no claims! :dry:

Good to hear you got a good deal... Seems very good although does it allow for mods? Flux have just come through nicely for me so won't hear a bad word said about them! :lol:

Yeah, Admiral allow for mods - all mine declared and they quoted £309 for this year (incl protected no claims, courtesy car and free European Green card). No-one else can get near to that price for me :thumbs:

How???

That is good

I'm paying that and I've got 8 years no claims!

Im paying more than that with 5 yrs NCB, and it parked on the drive. But i am 23 altho ive got the old man as a named driver to stop it being thousands!

That is good

I'm paying that and I've got 8 years no claims!

Im paying more than that with 5 yrs NCB, and it parked on the drive. But i am 23 altho ive got the old man as a named driver to stop it being thousands!

Yeah precisely that - stuck both parents on the policy as 2nd & 3rd drivers, brought it down by about £300! Working the system baby :thumbs: lol

Oh and I got 6 years ncb too