Cat C 350Z GT pack

vampyriaerotica

Hallo to all,

This is my first post and potential Z land owner soon. I saw a cat C repaired Z with GT pack recently. It suffered a "supposively" light front NS damage and repaired.

The bumper and headlights are replaced but wiper's washer bottle still need to be sorted as it's leaking. What strikes me apart from the price is that it's kitted with Nismo front, skirts and rear spats.

It's an 04 plate manual with 18k on the clock. The only problem is the alignment is way off and curtains and seats airbags are deployed leaving a tear to the leather seats.

I know airbags are cheap from ebay US but been told by my mechanic that it might not work even though if I replace them due to the front airbag sensor might be affected in the accident/ write off.

Will you buy this car with the low mileage and 4k off the market price? Your thoughts and kind advice are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance. :D

Hello both,

Wow! That's some quick friendly welcome reply!

I'm afraid I've deleted the link to the ad and the seller has also remove the ebay ad. I know this doesn't help in weighing things up but it was initially sold (£700 above asking price) but the buyer did not make contact since hence the seller contacted me today.

It was price at £6800.

Also, OS rear has this whining noise in stationary (quite loud). I'm guessing it's the fuel pump ad surely can't be the diff? Any thoughts

Thank you.

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole unless you really know how to get it repaired properly, or you are going to use it as a track car. There's all sort of sensors, modules and other important bits needed to make the car 100% safe again.

Anyway :welcome: and get a decent zed :thumbs:

There was a cat C damaged 05 Azure blue that went on one of the salvage sites the other day for £4.5K, it needed at least £2k's worth of repair so 6.5K is not too bad for a cat D but a cat C is, as mentioned above by Sunset, a different story. Lots of little pitfalls that could be a problem to you in its ownership unless you know who and to what standard its been repaired too.

In my opinion leave it well alone and find another. If you want a cheap one for for an early model with a good history.

give this a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide birth.

There are plenty good deals on Zeds at the moment, lots of good 04-05 plates with low milages around £10-12k and plenty dirt cheap JDM's...don't settle for a CatC because its cheap, the cash you spend on work and problems will totally offset any saving at the moment.

R

stay well away from it i bought a 350z last year but the dealer failed to tell me it was crash damaged had nothing but problem after problem after problem in the end he changed it for a new one.............stay well away from it mate keep on looking

im selling gt seats and curtain airbags (undeployed) if interested :)

now that is the kind of service you get on this site!!! :teeth:

£6.5K for a zed that works but a bit wonky? Can you afford £10K for an undamaged one?

If not, there's your answer! :thumbs:

the damage you mentioned doesn't corresbond to a cat C car. it will take a more extensive damage to clasify an 04 zed as cat C.

how do you know the chassis is not affected? if the alignment is way out I would have thought the chassis is affected. I have bought a cat D car recently (lotus) and planning to make it a track car but I bought it unrepaired so I know whats wrong with it. it took me 8 weeks of consultation and checking and rechecking before I made the decision but you have to be very warry and the price has to make sense. £6.5k isnt really an attractive proposition here.

good luck

Just for info:

Category A: Scrap only (i.e. with few or no economically salvageable parts and which is of value only for scrap metal)

Category B: Break for spare parts if economically viable (excluding any residual scrap value)

Category C: Repairable total loss vehicles where repair costs including VAT exceed the vehicle's pre-accident value

Category D: Repairable total loss vehicle where repair costs including VAT do not exceed the vehicle's pre-accident value

the damage you mentioned doesn't corresbond to a cat C car. it will take a more extensive damage to clasify an 04 zed as cat C.

how do you know the chassis is not affected? if the alignment is way out I would have thought the chassis is affected. I have bought a cat D car recently (lotus) and planning to make it a track car but I bought it unrepaired so I know whats wrong with it. it took me 8 weeks of consultation and checking and rechecking before I made the decision but you have to be very warry and the price has to make sense. £6.5k isnt really an attractive proposition here.

good luck

Very true! It's just difficult to get it check professionally as a prospective buyer at this stage. I'm now wary of the chassis after your advice.

I previously thought insurance companies nowadays can write off a car very easily due to the cost of genuine parts (expensive) and mainly the full dealer labour price. God knows how many hundreds of hours they quote at the £60++ per hour labour.

Hmmm...decision and risks!

Any reason why you're opting for a crash damaged Zed? If its because its 'cheap' you may find in the long run its more costly than just paying the money for a well looked after example that cos a few grand more initially. As Stew said, maybe as a track car fine but as a daily runner I'd stay well clear. The Zed is a 3.5 litre, group 18 sports car, the initial cost isnt the only price you pay, if you're counting pennies on the purchase price you'll struggle throughout the ownership. Just my tuppence.

+1. If you cant afford the initial outlay for a non damaged zed and your reasoning behind getting a damaged one is because its cheap. The zed is not for you. You need to take into consideration of the running costs, servicing costs and insurance costs. It soon becomes a very expensive luxury

I brought a cat c 350z gt pact 54 plate with only 16000 miles. It was still damaged and i got the car for a steal. I wouldn't worry about a cat c to tell you the truth. As long as it has been fixed to a really good standard whats the problem? I fixed mine to a better standard then new and loved every second of it :) The car cost me £6500 all on the road. Full respray with nismo kit, 16000 miles mint.

Looked at the cost of a non damaged one and it would be well into £11-12K