Considering buying a Z... A couple of non-tech q's

Jae

So, a few questions. Yes, I have searched but this is the less technical side:

Is it me, or is getting a dark coloured Z virtually a non-starter? (Black, blue, purple.)

What chance do I have of getting a decent (good condition, average mileage) early 5 speed manual Z for eleven grand tops?

Even I've come from a heavily modified car, I'd really like a machine that's an involving drive with eighty mile round trips effortless fun, WITHOUT having to modify the beastie to within an inch of it's original spec.

Plus my insurance becomes hugely cheaper and fuel consumption improves (currently 22 motorway, 16 urban, 10 if I hammer it).

welcome to the club,

whats your current weapon of choice then?

as for a manual 5 speed good luck with that, they only ever came as a 6 speed box ;)

dark colours are around blacks and blues are quite prevelant at the moment as someone else said thats all they can find. are you looking locally or have you been searching nationally. i used autotrader and got mine from harrowgate brought down to suffolk.

it might take a while to ind exactly what you want but its worth it. round journeys of around 80 miles is a doddle, the car is designed as a GT tourer so eats miles quite happily. it may not feel as fast as you were expecting, but its very deceptive.

So, a few questions. Yes, I have searched but this is the less technical side:

Is it me, or is getting a dark coloured Z virtually a non-starter? (Black, blue, purple.)

imo, yes but then I would say that as I have/almost have an Azure

What chance do I have of getting a decent (good condition, average mileage) early 5 speed manual Z for eleven grand tops?

Good, just need to shop about but there are plenty out there atm, def. a buyers market. Z only came in tiptronic or 6 speed

Even I've come from a heavily modified car, I'd really like a machine that's an involving drive with eighty mile round trips effortless fun, WITHOUT having to modify the beastie to within an inch of it's original spec.

It is a good involving car as standard imo, the only thing you might want to change is the tryes.

Plus my insurance becomes hugely cheaper and fuel consumption improves (currently 22 motorway, 16 urban, 10 if I hammer it).

The Z will see above 30mpg with a conservative motorway drive but will dip into the teens with a heavy right foot. Would still be better overall than the liner though.

Blimey! Speedy repartee!

Black may be high maintenance, but it's my colour. Would slip into blue as the azure is fine.

Thought it was early examples having 5 speed with 6 speed arriving in 2006 or am I missing something here?

Weapon of choice... like that :D here y'go: http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/3.html

@roast350 - nice, but not mine, if you see what I mean.

5 speeds are all tip/auto boxes which were only available in imports :thumbs:

I wanted an azure until I seen it in the showroom & it put me right off, but it does look good on the road B)

If I was buying now I'd go for Black, Red or GM again :D

Ye gods, answered before I cross-examined!

Thanks.

So, it's an early black manual g/b 350Z, UK or import, FSH. Not fussed about leather upholstery, loathe satnav.

I see various mutters about the late '06 300bhp being slightly sharper than the '07 309bhp variant?

Ye gods, answered before I cross-examined!

Thanks.

So, it's an early black manual g/b 350Z, UK or import, FSH. Not fussed about leather upholstery, loathe satnav.

I see various mutters about the late '06 300bhp being slightly sharper than the '07 309bhp variant?

3 variants

276 bhp 297bhp and 309 bhp

my 2 choices would be the 276 or the 309. my personal favourite is the 276 as its got more available modding parts.

:yawn:

Did i mention it looks better too??

is that because it has a klingon bulge on its bonnet ;)

only joking am just arguing fo rthe sake of arguing. all are good cars.

if you lined them up on a track all 3 variants and raced them 1st in a straight line and then round a track there would be bog all in it.

Isnt the later models quicker 0-60 by 0.3 seconds??

possibly, but i hate using 0-60 times as a performance gauge of a car, 20-100 is a better marker and on that the 276 version would be quicker by about the same amount.

i always think power to weight ratio is a better guide of a car. and isn't the 309 heavier ;)