Hello!!

Hi all, i'm new to the forum. I'm from just outside Hereford, I drive a Citroen Saxo VT at the moment, I am a massive fan of the 350Z so I thought I would join the club and see what its about. It'll probably be a few years before I can afford to insure a 350 but one day it will happen! Are there many owners from Hereford on here?

Tom

A furio isn't a VT!!!!! Unless things have changed!

In 2001 (18 years old, how old do I feel now???) I owned a 98 VTR that I modified. It was a cracking car with copious amounts of lift off oversteer!

Well, welcome along.

You're quite right. A Furio is the Saxo with a VT pack (wider arches, spoiler, better breathing, nicer exhaust note - all found on VTRs and VTSs, which are both 1.6 8v and 16v respectively) The Furio is just the same, but with a 1.4 8v engine instead of the 1.6. Many people de-badge their Furio badges off but i'm not ashamed! They're known as a Furio or "VT" because its neither a VTR or VTS! But yes, its fun to drive with plenty of feedback through the steering wheel!!

Haha yeah I wish. I've thought about a few things for the future. Friend offered me his '51 Clio 172 for £2k which is quite tempting, plus i've looked at a mk1 1.6 Impreza RWD. But until I have made lots of money i'm sticking to the Saxo!

• 3 weeks later...

Did my first track session yesterday at Rockingham International Circuit. Went well, generally being overtaken by Megane R26Rs and Clio V6s (it was a French Car Show).

Hoping to do one at Oulton Park sometime soon or perhaps an Evo trackday at Bedford.

;)