Oh no, I've badly scratched it.....

chippy

Just literally done this half an hour or so ago!

I was driving down a dirt track, quite tight and as I came round a bend heard and felt a sickening screach.....got out and it looked fine. Drove to a carpark that was lit and saw this!!!

Luckily, if you can call it that, it looks like it's only on the plastic side skirt, but it's really feckin bad and I think it's going to be a new skirt needed as it'spushed in quite badly as well as the scratches....more than likely an insurance job - is it gonna be expensive??

:oops:

scratch.JPG

scratch2.JPG

I would not panic mate, as long as it is just the side skirt then it should not cause you to much pain. Standard skirts do come up forsale so keep a eye out on the forum.

You know zeds do not like going off road. :blush:

oh sh1t!!!

how on earth did you do that?

F**k knows.

Presume there was a huge feckin rock poking out. :blush:

Nah nothing like that......was trying to get to a floodlit castle to take some pics - hence having a camera handy to photograph the damage! :doh:

Ouch....sorry this happened bud. Hopefully a fix doesn't work out too pricy for you!

Hold on though...i recognise that country lane as a renound dogging spot......are sure you were there to take pictures :lol: Just jesting :blush:

It's not that hard if you can get the car high enough. Do you have access to a ramp anywhere? If not, jack it up and get it up on axle stands and you will see a number of fixings on the under side and the rest of it is panel clips on the back of the skirt and will need a bit of a tug to get them off. Make sure when you get the new skirt you check you have panel clips in each location and take your time putting it on. First one I did one of the clips fell off when all the others had gone in and it was loose behind the skirt! :bang::)

• 2 weeks later...

Job done.

Thanks to breay for the quick posting the sills arrived this afternoon. 20 minutes later - job done. :thumbs:

There was no need to jack the car or remove the door sill, just popped the 4 rivets and removed the 6 bolts and hey presto, off the damaged one popped.

Thanks for the tips and pointing me in the reight direction though fellas! :clap:

Off to France for 8 days of :drive1 on Thursday, so at least the car's back to pristine condition! :yahoo: