Spoilers Query

Hey,

I'm looking at buying a secondhand 350z however I want one with a nismo spoiler on (and side sills... and maybe front spoiler... :) ), can you guys tell me whats the best option:

1) Only look for secondhand cars with these already fitted?

or

2) Look for any model then 'retrofit'?

Bearing in mind I'm not technically confident enough to fit a rear spoiler/sills myself, option 2 would kind of be bound by finding an appropriate supplier and also fitter... If this is best, any suggestions?

Cheers,

Cheers for the replies and welcomes!

Budget wise, looking around i've seen some with the NISMO kits for around 15k, and some without for 13k (<40k miles, GT spec coupe, manual , UK model) - however as you've noted, they can be few and far between. If the cost of a retro fit (and spray) would be around 2k, then it would be ok...

I was thinking of a custom respray anyway, so it might be a sensible option to retrofit, any ideas on what a decent full body respray might cost? I'm based in Hampshire if you've got any suggestions.

Oh, and just a check, the new Road Tax changes coming in, do pre March 06 350z's fall into the lower category due to age? I seem to remember seeing it stated somewhere that cars in class G registered before march 2006 would not be scaled up to the new higher tax classes? Seems a nice little loophole (although i'd miss out on the revamped 313bhp model... )

Welcome. A descent respray can cost between 2000 to 3000 grand, and with the bodykit it'll cost quite a bit more for fitting as well.

You would be better off finding a slightly older z for around the 10k mark and spend as you wish on that, rather than respraying a newer car. You'll lose less money that way.