My Del Sol and H22 Civic Coupe

craigy hardcore

I'm a bit of a Civic fan myself, I've had mine for 11 years (I got it the day before John Collins scored for Scotland against Brazil at the 1998 World cup), it's not been used daily for 8 years and in those 8 years it's not done many miles but has been great fun as I've used it as a track car; some scumbag vandalised it last year then another scumbag stole it; it was recovered but it's now pretty much worthless and gets started with a screwdriver, only ever getting out of my garage to go to Knockhill (but due to lack of time that's not even happened since last August :bang: )

Anyway, as I'm not using it much and due to its appearance it's not worth much I'm contemplating trading it in under the government scrappage scheme for a new car for my girlfriend. I must admit though, it'll break my heart to see it crushed...... it's been part of my life for most of my adult life and I've had some great times in it and holds some awesome memories.

Here’s a pic of it the last time we were on the track.

Hey Bronzee,

It's still good for track days, since the pic above was taken I've only driven it 25 miles home and up and down my street a few times.

When the pic was taken above the car did 2 track days in a week and never missed a beat.

G

My first car was a Civic and I loved it. Had it 6 years and did 120k miles in it. It was a 1.4 with 90 bhp but weighed nothing and could give some of the contemporary hot hatches a scare. Double wishbone suspension all round too. :teeth:

It never skipped a beat and was still on the original shocks. Only trouble was that back then (we're talking around 1990 :wheelchair: ) you couldn't get any performance parts for it - oh how things have changed for Civic owners!

My first car was a Civic and I loved it. Had it 6 years and did 120k miles in it. It was a 1.4 with 90 bhp but weighed nothing and could give some of the contemporary hot hatches a scare. Double wishbone suspension all round too. :teeth:

It never skipped a beat and was still on the original shocks. Only trouble was that back then (we're talking around 1990 :wheelchair: ) you couldn't get any performance parts for it - oh how things have changed for Civic owners!

So true, you can tune a civic to well over 500bhp now, not that its worth doing as its front wheel drive... but the boy I bought the Civic from had a 398bhp Integra Turbo and that thing could go like stink!

The coupe was running around 220bhp and could always give the scooby boys a scare :D

You must be older than you look Digsy! :scare:

I quite like Hondas generally. I love the VTEC but I don't think I'd like it everyday!

You must be older than you look Digsy! :scare:

I quite like Hondas generally. I love the VTEC but I don't think I'd like it everyday!

VTEC is awesome... I miss it already!!!!!

Welcome to a world of torque now though!!

So true! however, my black coupe was punting out around 167lbs of torque which is non too shabby for a Honda!

I'm a torque boy in the car! I just couln't cope with having to thrash the living daylights out of a car to make it go.....

Oh and VTEC is nothing compared to my other toy that shows 20k revs on the clock! :lol: