Bedding in brakes...me or garage?

R800NER

Which option?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which option?

• Option 1
    • Option 2

Zed is in Westway Nissan in Kidlington tomorrow for P3 service, MOT and new pads/disks fitted all round (EBC ultimax + redstuff - thanks CS!)

So, I have the bedding in procedure printed off.....what's best?

1.) Take car home from garage, bed them in myself overnight on an empty road, I know they are done properly.

2.) Be lazy, let garage bed them in (included in price of fitting?), take car home, have a few bevvy's to celebrate my 21st birthday and have more sleep. I also have comeback if it's not done correctly.

Which option would you go for? :D

Dealers can possibly bed in proper high performance pads for you. You need a clear road where you can do about 10x 70-10MPH stops and then drive around using the brakes as little as possible for 10mins without stopping on the brakes. Theres no way you can do it during the day. Do it yourself and you know its done properly :thumbs:

After having first hand experience of general Nissan Stealership workmanship, I would definately elect to bed them in yourself. As Martin has said, you will be the one in the car if they have done it wrong and brakes are a pretty major thing.

Have a brilliant 21st :drunk: