New Exhaust Looking at Scorpion Exhaust system

BigJammy

Hi

I have just bought a 350z I needs a new exhaust but got the money taken off the selling price.

I have been looking at the scorpion exhaust system.

But was wondering what it sounds like?

Also does anyone have any suggestions, I am looking for an exhaust that has deep sound to it rather than just being loud.

I went from the K1 to the scorpion as the K1 fails trackside DB meters, from personal experience, if it wasnt for that i would have kept the k1 as it has a lovely sound.

Having got the scorpion although quieter than the K1 it does still sing when you open it up, i have no sound deadening though so maybe worth waiting for another opinion...

Again i would suggest talking to CS about options. :thumbs:

and to add to the comment above, Im not a fan of the scorpion style.

You loose the presence, and its surprising how much difference those chrome tail pipes make. The sound is good but defo needs a Y pipe with it.

I had a Scorion fitted last week it sounds great but it is a pain to fit and after loads of messing about and removing a bracket from under the car it still does not sit 100%. If you do a search you will find out that others had the same problem :rant:

I have a japspeed Y pipe with the scorpion which is worth remembering, well pointed out Dcash5, i went purely for the noise not the asthetics but i would agree with the way it looks, the K1 looks evil, the scorpion if kept clean looks quite smart as it has a chrome back box type finish.

can be a pain to fit the scorpion as i found out as well, just need to take your time over it and ideally a ramp :) or like me a friend/mechanic with some spare time and a desire to be paid in beer that i seem to accrue from parties and never drink...

How does the y pipe help?

Would a custom exhaust be worth thinking about?

A company called LongLife Exhaust quoted 449 for back box and middle section.

I used them for a few bits, nice guys... I think Bundus had his exhaust made there.... Near Sutton?

I have a scorpion system and I had no issues when it come to fitting... It sounds like there might be some bad batches out there so ask your dealer if they've had any complaints before you buy.

The scorpion is pretty quiet (similar to stock) at low revs but it opens up nicely as the revs build. It's very quiet on the motorway, there's no chance of it bothering you on a long run.

These clips never do justice but it gives you an idea.

Matt

5ZIGEN Pro-Racer ALL the way baby.. :thumbs:

:starwars:

ignore jerry. you need a K1 mate. with the bung in you can drive all the way to mexico if you like.

K1 (bungs out) + tunnel = :headhurt::headhurt::headhurt: and the huge desire to pay 10 times the toll charge

fitting it was a 30 minutes job as well depending how rusty your old bolts are :lol:

CS supplies it on here as well

• 2 weeks later...