Is this polisher any good?

albo

Looks wise it's the same as my Makita 9227 however I can't say anything about the internals as I don't know

The pads will be crap so budget £100 - £150 getting backing plates, pads and good quality polish.

Something else to bear in mind, are you experienced with machines? This is a Rotary and could burn the Zeds thin paint pretty quick if you don't know what you're doing.

A Random Orbit machine would be better suited perhaps unless you are comfortable is machine polishing already.

Yup its a rotary - You have to be careful with these as its easier to burn/screw the paint.

For ramdom orbit there are really only two options- the porter cable (but this needs voltage converters) or the Meguiars G200 which is essentially the same but converted for 240V

Or the Kestral Rob.

It seems fairly capable.

I have a Kestrel and its great. From what I've heard its pretty much a Megs G220 but a bit more reliable and quieter. It did wonders on my Zed with a polish pad and some SSR2, finished with finish pad and SSR1 :thumbs:

I really wouldnt go anywhere near a rotary unless you have some panels to practice on :surrender: