Roadster Equipment Question

Firstly hello all, I've signed up because my girlfriend has just bought herself a 2005 350Z Roadster in dark silver. I'm sure I'll be able to pick up some handy tips from here! I'm no stranger to Nissans as I run a PS13 Silvia drift car in the British Drift Championship [but I've promised her no drifting the Z! ;) ]

A couple of basic questions I need the answers to please....

1.)The car she has bought is a 3.5 V6 Manual Roadster - I am trying to identify the trim level but struggling as some websites contain USDM information. The car has cloth interior, power seats with front and back lift, a 6CD in-dash changer/tape deck combo [doesn't say Bose on it though, just Nissan 6CD], gold Brembo brakes, VDC and 18" wheels. What trim would this have been sold as originally?

2.)Ipod connectors - I don't want FM transmitters/tape convertors here - I understand they don't work with the 6CD Bose units - however mine doesn't appear to be Bose? Any other way round it except changing the HU?

3.)Wheels. Anyone fitted or got pictures of Work Eurolines fitted to a Z? I have some in 18x9 ET+7 and 18x10 ET+4 flavours sitting on my PS13 at the moment. Wondered what they'd look like on a Z. Fitment should be nice, just not sure if the style will suit?

Thanks in advance!

Jord

Hi and welcome to the forum. The car is a non GT the same as mine. If the seats bother you they can be retrimmed in leather for about £500. This is assuming it doesnt have a square rear numberplate in whch case its an import.

The head unit is a clarion. Its fine and doesnt skip like the Bose. Unfortunately the ipod connection is a pain and its a matter of changing the head unit to get a satisfactory result.

I will have a look for the wheel pics. :D

If it's a UK car then it'll be non GT (base in the UK but far from basic!) It doesn't sound like an import spec.

Ipod, tape deck or FM transmeiter. Either that or go aftermarket.

VERY aggressive offsets.... Think they'd stick out. A +20 is pretty aggressive on the Zed with a 10" rim.

Thanks for the swift replies!

I presumed it was a non-GT but the 6CD and Brembos confused me - I thought these were GT only?

I'm not worried about being aggressive with offsets and wheel fitment :angry:, I've just got to work out what size tyres to stretch on to make them fit and not mess up the VDC too much!

I presumed it was a non-GT but the 6CD and Brembos confused me - I thought these were GT only?

I'm not worried about being aggressive with offsets and wheel fitment :angry:, I've just got to work out what size tyres to stretch on to make them fit and not mess up the VDC too much!

The 6 CD and brembos were standard on all UK cars. The GT had Bose but sill a 6CD changer with tape deck!

The 6 CD and brembos were standard on all UK cars. The GT had Bose but sill a 6CD changer with tape deck!

+1. GT also came with leather seats

Rays were an option but became standar fit later

:welcome:

She let me take it on a run last night. I'm impressed!

The power is so effortless, your up to more than enough speed without realising - if anything the speedo needs to be more prominent! My PS13 Silvia is 350hp and 1200Kg but you really have to spool that up and make it scream to get the performance out of it, the Z was being short shifted last night at 5k and still accelerated pretty damn well!

Handling out of the box is impressive too, I work at a Honda dealer and the S2000 feels a lot less well planted in comparison to the Z - the Nissan gives you alot of confidence in cornering! As a road car I'd prefer the Z [as a track car the S2K though :D]

The only thing I wasn't happy about was that I promised to fill it up in exchange for using it and only then did I find out it has a 70(?) Litre bloody tank!!

the S2000 feels a lot less well planted in comparison to the Z - the Nissan gives you alot of confidence in cornering! As a road car I'd prefer the Z [as a track car the S2K though :D]

The only thing I wasn't happy about was that I promised to fill it up in exchange for using it and only then did I find out it has a 70(?) Litre bloody tank!!

Well i have got a 313 08 roadster and i would gladly take on any S2000 on standard trim. and with the ESP off you will falsely think you are a drift king. only upgrades are my kw v1 coilovers (nothing fancy) and my ebc turbo groove disk brakes (just to be able to do 10 laps without cooking the brakes) as the Z is a heavy car.... the S2000 is more like an MX5 :thumbdown::p:lol:

The Z has got a massive tank tho....and nissan advises you to use the expensive juice!!! :scare:

So i guess you should have asked first..... :p

Welcome by the way and make sure you tell your lass you are an old fashioned man and you are supposed to drive when in the car!!! ;):lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Getting this car was really good, apart from being approached by people, on a daily basis, and asking me what it is.

I have a question, however.

Is it possible to connect a thing like an I Pod, or an MP3 into the Bose system ?

I haven't got either,yet, but any advice would be much welcome. :)

Excellent car for the money, hardly run in yet. :thumbs:

One more also please, is it true that if you turn the ESP off, does this '' muller '' the Warranty ?

welcome to the forum mate.

the ESP is switchable from the dash. cant see that being a warranty issue as you can switch it on and off as much as you like without anybody knowing apart from the car next to you.

I have the exact same car and to be honest I think your much better of changing the head unit. the standard clarion unit is rubbish to say the least. I've changed to an alpine HU and the sound quality is in a different league. :thumbs:

Getting this car was really good, apart from being approached by people, on a daily basis, and asking me what it is.

I have a question, however.

Is it possible to connect a thing like an I Pod, or an MP3 into the Bose system ?

Nissan Delear now sell an Ipod Accessory Connection which goes into the back of the unit. I did not go for this as 1) It was expensive and 2) Easier options with aftermarket alternatives. :p