Envy Valeting vs Evo 6, Lakes trip!

Envy Valeting

Roadtrip! A nice BH jaunt to the lake district saw me get to do this evo for Steve in Barrow in Furness. Had a nice 2day break in Ulverston but no earthquakes for me, but the car was a SHOCK! Passed Martinmacs turn off, looks a lovely area then also called in to see Nick at Clenz on the way back down.

Looks ok from the front

DSC02500.jpg

EEK

DSC02501.jpg

A hint of things to come...notice the orange colouration?

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

Also available in white

DSC02505.jpg

Now a look at the problem. Steve had mentioned an orange residue/colouration to the car. This was on most surfaces from the front wheels back, and I mean everywhere.

Here is the door half clayed, top done/bottom to be done. I knew I was in trouble now as it was taking a lot to remove the bonded contaminants. Started with Dodo Gentle grey, then the Purposeful Purple and ended up with the Scholl blue clay.

DSC02506.jpg

Not pretty

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02508.jpg

Getting there

DSC02509.jpg

By now I was seriously behind schedule as the claying had taken 4hrs and I had a correction to do. I was not sure if there was time but after a few frank discussions with Steve (sorry Steve!) I pressed on (under cover in the garage...it rained pretty much all day!)

Paint thickness readings were taken and it was OK to proceed.

DSC02510.jpg

Polish used FastCutPlus and UltraFine and a megs polishing pad

DSC02511.jpg

Not a lot of pics from here on in as time was pressing and I needed to get on.

Join the dots and you can get a rough 50/50 of the roof. Made it a hell of a lot brighter and there was a lot of hazy paint. Top half untouched, bottom half done.

DSC02512.jpg

And again

DSC02513.jpg

Machined until it was all done, dedusted and cleaned up. Then given a coat of Swissvax Saphir, tyres etc and moved out for some final pics. Please excuse the slow puncture:cry:

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02516.jpg

I was glad to actually manage to complete the job after the claying took so long, and thanks to Steve and father for their hospitality during the day and putting up with the frustrations!

Back to the hotel after to just make last food orders and a few pints of Theakstons :snack:

Tim

ps nice car on the M6:

DSC02498.jpg

• 4 weeks later...