I painted my rays

Renegade

I rubbed the edges down yesterday and the odd bubble on the spokes. Bit of grey primer then I painted them this morning.The match is perfect they just want the over spray sorting out when the paint has been left for a day.Then I may try some lacquer too.These were not too bad to start off with I also used a fine file on the bits of curbing as it does raise the alloy a bit.Then stuck a bit of Metalik in to fill any imperfections.Cost of repairs about £30 to do all 4.

£5.99 Grey primer

£5.99 Halfords hobby kit 12 sheets of wet and dry different grades.

£6.69 Metalik paste

£5.99 Lacquer probably not need this and use my turtle wax wheel protector stuff instead.

£4.99 Carplan bright silver This is a superb match (Thanks trev)

IMGP0509.jpg

IMGP0510.jpg

IMGP0511.jpg

IMGP0512.jpg

Got to go get the paint off the patio now before I get griped at.

Going to start on my new kit tomorrow I might just use Ronseal. :teeth:

Wooden_Body_Kit.jpg

Well done :thumbs: At least you didn't use Halfords Stratos Silver like I did - more like f*****g undercoat compared to standard rays finish :offtopic:

Still, getting them done professionally next week.

My rays have started to corrode and bubble up, so i think i'll have a go at these myself. If it goes tits up then i'll just get them professionally done. Yours look great so can't see there being a problem as long as i can get some of that carplan silver paint :thumbs:

My rays have started to corrode and bubble up, so i think i'll have a go at these myself. If it goes tits up then i'll just get them professionally done. Yours look great so can't see there being a problem as long as i can get some of that carplan silver paint :thumbs:

I emailed Carplan and asked if they knew which motorists shop stocked this near me. I got a reply from them and went to the car spares shop and got some :)

SPRAY AND PRAY ROLFCOPTER :lol::surrender: