Not sure I like my Z badges

Zazur

For one badge ouch lol. You can tell i am still a student as I think thats pretty pricey :lol::blush:

i'm not a student and i think thats bloody expensive. am contemplating getting likwid art to make a replica for me.

Give me a shout if u do m8! I love the badge but am not paying that.

http://www.likwidart.com/index.html

here is a link to his website, photos don't do it justice some of his stuff.

there are others i don't like, but i worked with him on the MR2roc club to do the JDM eagle badge and it looked OEM fit on the car. just have to keep him in line as he gets great, but crazy ideas of doing your whole car, and i only want the badge in one size. was going to get him to do the side zed badges as a tommy K badge on carbonfibre background.

i might ring him tonight and see what he says, depends on if i fall asleep when i get home as i only had 3 hours sleep because i was up till 4 30 am marking GCSE coursework. and i'm knackered.

what would really help is someone who has one fitted could take a real close up pic of it that fills the screen and is straight on, as these are almost impossible to find a decent close up of and to recreat is a night mare.

+1 i have been looking for a decent pic

Deceided to dig deep and went to order the tommy k badge but they are on back order :thumbdown:

If you guys manage to sort this other one out I would want one :thumbs:

Waiting for the new large Z badge to arrive to see what it looks like in the chrome so to speak

i might ring him tonight and see what he says, depends on if i fall asleep when i get home as i only had 3 hours sleep because i was up till 4 30 am marking GCSE coursework. and i'm knackered.

You have the whole summer to sleep! ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and if Tommy K side badges can be made (not in CF but with gloss black for me please) then I'm in! :thumbs:

just been on the phone to rob at likwid art who says that these should be no problem to do a tommy k replica.

what he does need is a really good close up shot of the badge.

and also if possible some dimensions of it, hights widths etc, in fact if some one had a crayon and paper and took a rubbing of it would be even better.

am hoping some people would be able to help me out.

will be going up to see him on the 18th of may as it conincides with a conference i'm on in birmingham. as soon as i've seen him i should have a working prototype from him fitted and from there everyone else should be able to order them. don't know anything on prices yet but they shouldn't be too dear.

he also mentioned that when companies say that items are on back order it tends to mean that they can no longer get them, but i don't know how true this is.

Sounds promising! Im in!

I really want to debadge the full rear, but am reluctant to pay up for filling the holes, and boot re-spray. So this is best option :teeth:

what i've been discussing with rob at likwid art is

first off is to get the sizing and shape right for a rear badge.

this can then be used on the rear strut brace, and on the front end if you have smoothed off the indent for the burger.

next stage is to get some replacement round ones to go under the indicators on the wings, idea is to replicate whats already there but change the silver zed for a tommy k one and have either a gloss black or carbon fibre back. with the chrome ring around it.

also talked about doing wheel centres as well.

could also look into doing a replacement nose badge with the burger shape, but instead of saying nissan, it would have the tommy badge in the middle with a chrome outer that fits in the indent thats already there.

but it will be a stage by stage thing.

should have some of those done on the 18th of may as my car will be the test car. will leave it with him for the day while i go off to my conference.

what i've been discussing with rob at likwid art is

first off is to get the sizing and shape right for a rear badge.

this can then be used on the rear strut brace, and on the front end if you have smoothed off the indent for the burger.

next stage is to get some replacement round ones to go under the indicators on the wings, idea is to replicate whats already there but change the silver zed for a tommy k one and have either a gloss black or carbon fibre back. with the chrome ring around it.

also talked about doing wheel centres as well.

could also look into doing a replacement nose badge with the burger shape, but instead of saying nissan, it would have the tommy badge in the middle with a chrome outer that fits in the indent thats already there.

but it will be a stage by stage thing.

should have some of those done on the 18th of may as my car will be the test car. will leave it with him for the day while i go off to my conference.

excellent, thanks for sorting this out Rich.

liking the sound of kitting the zed out with the tommy k badge. very interested to see what the guy can do about making one for the front to fit the indent! :thumbs:

keep us informed.

i'll start a new thread when i get home specifically for it.

but to be honest until the 18th of may, there won't be anyhting solid to look at. the progress will really speed up from there.

:thumbs: will just have to wait in anticipation till then!!!