What made you walk away from the Z you didn't buy?

paradyne

Saw one at a dealer for 17K, low mileage but the gearbox was like a bag of spanners in a tumble-drier. Dealer could not find paperwork so left it there.

Tried to buy a private black then a private chilli but way too late. Ended up buying an Azure GT with 26K for a bit under £16K (yeah well that was when they were worth more than they are now!). Lovely, except a few interior scratches.

Generally with me it was the interior quality - scratches all over the interior of the driver door, tatty gear knobs and tatty leather seats that had never been looked after with any leather protector - scratches all over the body work. Eventually took a trip to a main dealer in Manchester and found one that was better than the rest. Not perfect but best all rounder. Dealer service was cr*p though. Took 6 weeks to get a spare key!! They also messed up the paperwork when I had agreed to buy it - I'd signed my name to the agreed cost and as I was about to drive home in my old car (collect the 350z two weeks later) the sales guy and sales manager came running out saying the price I'd signed against was £500 short!! Ch**ky sods. I'd signed my name to the price and was all agreed. Turned out the sales guy had got confused and thought I was paying by finance and used the paperwork for someone paying by finance when I wasn't. Apparently when you pay by finance you pay £500 more or something - either way it was very bad that they came running out and embarrassing for them, in their public car park with other customers - I started to argue with them in their public car park lol and explained the price was all agreed and I'd signed to it. They couldn't do anything and only afterwards did they realise their mistake that I was actually right but no apology. Apalling service - if I hadn't paid my deposit I would have told them to stick it.

the first one i saw was a gt4 in yellow i loved the colour, it had not been washed for weeks that rang alarm bells to me you dont not wash a car like that, it means you are trying to hide something, i was right the n/side rear quarter panal had been repaired paint match not that good and the finish quality not that good either i walked away

pete

Sally brought the 1st one we viewed in London.

It ticked all the right boxes from the off tbh. It was a few more miles on clock than others, needed a dam good detail and the bumper had lots of stone chips but on gut instinct and face value we went for it. Never looked back since, Exactly what we wanted to pay too.

We both love it to bits, and it's not taking away our smiles in any way shape or form yet. Good car

I know a friend who walked away from a Mercury Z in favour of a Black one, now on hindsight he wishes he had gone the other way. Especially now I've tought him a bit about Black paint. It didn't help when he parked near to the Astra, which still shows what Black paint should look like. Such a hard colour to look after but well worth it.

I looked at about 4 or 5 before buying my one and all of them had dodgy paintwork. I was particually after an Azure Blue one but having looked at 3 all of them had paintwork done on them badly. Ended up buying my current mint black / alezan Z from a chap just down the road!!!!

i bought mine without ever seeing one in the flesh, i did some research on here and ended up buying the first one that became available in the for sale section, got the train down to birmingham not realising that the zed only had 2 seats :doh: ....(that was an interesting conversation with the missus :lol: ) and met the forum member.......didnt realy like him :lol::lol::lol: but he threw me the key and let me drive the Z up the bypass :teeth: SOLD :thumbs:

Paul

Who was that then? ;)

I test drove an 05 plate kuro from WLMG, didnt buy it as the wheels were so kerbed it made me think that the owner had no driving skills.

I then found one on autotrader at a dealers in East London, i took if for a test drive the next day and put the deposit down as soon as i drove it back to the dealers. Then sold it to a member on here. :thumbs:

saw and heard one in a car park for the first time ever and knew i had to have one. Never got up close to one, never test drove one, chose one from a photo, paid the importer the money and drove one for the first time when i picked it up to take it home! To say i WASN'T disappointed is an understatement. :thumbs:

Knowing i was gonna pit a full VS kit on the one i bought put me in a strange situation. I was looking for a silver or black Zed (to make painting easier) and i didnt care what the outside condition was like. I viewed a few over a period of 3 weeks and turned em all down mainly due to the state of the interior. Then finally saw one on eBay that looked tidy, drove 150 miles to view it, thought id hit the jackpot as it was immaculate. Haggled the bloke down a bit and drove it home, result :thumbs:

Walked away from one at the local Aberdeen stealers. Felt the treatment they gave me was shocking, almost as if "there's no way you can afford this car", asking me ridiculous questions about my job etc. Had driven my 55 plate Type R up there for trade in, and he basically rubbished the car aswell. They had to send a car up, so I had a look on the web and picked a black one, but after the treatment I got I decided I didnt want to buy from them. Was then badgered for weeks by Nissan Sales saying they had sent the car up for me to buy etc etc :rant:

Came on here, flew down to London and loved the car and every minute of the drive home from Northampton to Aberdeen, despite it pouring rain!!