potential future Z owner

Hi guys, I've been voraciously devouring the great info in these forums over the last few weeks as I've developed a desire to get a 350 in the future. I'm in Buckinghamshire and there are a few local 350z owners. I'm torn between gunmetal or azure as my preferred choice, and whilst the car looks awesome in black seeing it get dusty would drive me insane.

My vehicle history so far has been:

81 Mk1 Golf 1.6 GTi

83 Mk1 Golf 1.8 GTi

91 Audi S2 Coupe

99 Seat Toledo V5

05 Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Sport

However I've liked the 350z since it came out onto the market and they seem rather affordable these days. I'm a limited mileage driver as I live only a few miles from work so the prospect of a thirstier car doesn't phase me at all.

I look forward getting a car and chatting with you in future via the forums.

Nick

Welcome & Get the Z!!!!

If you live near work you have no excuses! Whilst the rest of us are commuting you can be cleaning!!! :teeth:

I liked the black but was worried about the maintenance, I ended with an Azure and it is by far the best colour!!!!!! Only had her a few weeks and its true love!!!

I'm totally happy with VAG, the cars have never let me down, though the Audi S2 was a bit of a money pit due to it being in its senior years (120k on the clock). Sure was an awesome drive at the time.

The Mk1 Golfs were unsophisticated fun and over the years I had them (89-01). I had them so long and they were so reliable they only cost me tires and exhausts.

The Toledo V5 was a nice cruiser and it was family circumstance that made me buy it. Had it remapped and it went pretty well. Loved the full leather and electric memory seats as did the wife. In 05 bought the Leon new, its probably just run in having covered 35k. The engine is nice and torquey so great off the line and is an effortless cruiser. Handling is decent though on Bucks roads a bit harsh because we have some of the worst condition roads in UK (or at least it feels like it!!).

So really there's no sensible reason to get a Z... but then I'm totally smitten and I reckon it would be a second car. Also need to buy a house, likely next year, specially given prices are returning to a more sensible level. Now the hard part will be keeping myself under control until the time is right. ;-)