Advice on to much Brake Fluid !!

Pimm

I have just got back from my P3 service and all seems fine.

I inspected the brake fluid and it looked empty so i unscrewed the cap and it is at the very top and has been over filled as it is all wet in the bottom of the area ect. Will this strip the paint or cause any damage ?? should i be getting any water and pouring down the area infected. Should i be worrying guys ?

Help :wacko:

:scare: OMG..I would wash down all the surrounding areas where the brake fluid might have come in contact with!

Thats what i was thinking :scare:

Is there a drain plug hole though, so i can rinse some warm water down the hole so to speak.

Fortunately, brake fluid is not as corrosive as it used to be but you should still give the whole area a good wash down. You should then contact the garage that did the service tell them what has happened and point out that you will be bringing the car back without delay for them to remove some of the fluid and to inspect the area for any damage caused.

Personally I would take the car back to the garage tomorrow and ask them to rectify the problerm at their cost. And insist they give you a courtesty car!

Name & shame them mate.

As the others have said, plenty of water and you should be ok. On my bike brakes which use DOT4, it says that water "deactivates" the nasties that eat into stuff. Not sure thats true, but water does work. Get back to the garage and get them to explain what the hell they did! I'd be worried they did something else wrong! Did they bleed the brakes or just whack some new fluid in the resevoir? :surrender:

My brake fluid reservoir overflowed when i changed my brakes. So i filled a bucket of hot water with plenty of car shampoo, and poured it around the reservoir. It naturally drained away and the area was spotless afterwards. I did panic though :lol:

That is exactly what i done yesturday and all seems fine. I have just come off the phone to the garage and they were very sorry and i am now taking the car back to the garage so they can take some of the fluid back out. This is a little annoying but apart from that they have been very good and the P3 service and MOT went very well. :D

When they bleed the brakes they done it with the handbrake on and that is what pushed the fluid over the limit/cap.

The manager took some out and has sent me a letter of appology and has given me a 10% of my next service. This garage have dealt with this matter spot on and i have no problems at all in using them again.(and they were cheap)

:D:D