New boy unsure what to do, 350z or Fairlady?

Hey all

Im looking at trading in my BMW 3 series and getting a 350 Roadster but its quickly turning into a minefield of questions. I went and test drove a Fairlday the other day with very low mileage which was pretty nice. I have seen a few none imports as well with more mileage but they all seem to be more expensive. Im mostly wondering if there is any trouble i should expect with the import or if i should spend the extra and get a uk version?

Any and all advice is welcome

Bluerat

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are no particular problems with getting an import. They will generaly be a bit cheaper. Some insurance companies seem to have issues with them. The mielage on imports tends to be lower.

Just find one with the spec you want and enjoy it. :D

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are no particular problems with getting an import. They will generaly be a bit cheaper. Some insurance companies seem to have issues with them. The mielage on imports tends to be lower.

Just find one with the spec you want and enjoy it. :D

+1

:welcome: to the forum

When i was looking i got a few insurance quotes and the fairlady's were way more expensive,

Are the manuals/chassis plate for the Imported Z's in Japanese? Not sure if getting parts vary, but their is nothing you cannot get on the internet!

they still have a rear lip spoiler - well mine does anyhow........agree on the square plate at the back though, I prefer the uk one.

Some had them put on as an option i believe, but a lot i have seen do not, however...if you are going to add an aftermarket spoiler, its not an issue :thumbs:

they still have a rear lip spoiler - well mine does anyhow........agree on the square plate at the back though, I prefer the uk one.

Some had them put on as an option i believe, but a lot i have seen do not, however...if you are going to add an aftermarket spoiler, its not an issue :thumbs:

If he's after a roadster its not an issue.

I cant bieve the response to this, you guys are really quality. I'm tempted to buy one just to be part of this forum :-)

Thanks for all the advice, think im going to have a shop around its only done 5k miles but its an 05 plate so something seems odd here. Any opinions?

Not trying to put you off an import mate but there will be a number of differences that you may want to be aware of. I bought an import myself and absolutely love it but I had to spend a lot of cash on things that I didnt realise were missing at first. It cost me almost £2k alone just to get Brembo brakes on there.

I will point out that if you just plan to buy and drive the car then you will most likely be very happy but if your like me and you intend to modify it or spend some money on it then bare in mind that the UK ones do seem to come with a lot more as standard.

As has been said before if you find the spec you want with the things you want on it then you cant go wrong. Main thing to check first would be the insurance in my opinion as it can add a whack to the cost depending on where you go. Check the JDM section on here and read up on all the differences. If none of them bother you at all then jump right in mate. Its the same car at the end of the day.

Good luck mate and let us know when youve made the purchase!

I think you are asking the wrong person bud :lol:

Very much down to personal taste so a lot of the mods are the same as for the coupe.

Most people start with an induction kit and an exhaust, they sound pretty good with the roof down.

Having said that the car looks pretty special as standard so nothing needs to be done.

If its an import just check what it has with regards to ICE. A lot of the JDM stuff may need replacing, sat nave radio etc.