A quick thankyou

Madmarky

Sheeeeeet mate bad luck, hope you and the car GWS. :surrender:

The TC on mine is a liability, so inconsistant it has nearly put me into a hedge once or twice by kicking in way after the slide and then making the car unpredictable. :angry: I keep mine switched off most of the time.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TC on mine is a liability, so inconsistant it has nearly put me into a hedge once or twice by kicking in way after the slide and then making the car unpredictable. :angry: I keep mine switched off most of the time.

Yeah traction control is really unpredictable and i think the bigger wheels make it even worse. Before i got the car all modified i used to always run with it off, just ironic i only started having it on just to stop me getting too carried away.

Yeah traction control is really unpredictable and i think the bigger wheels make it even worse. Before i got the car all modified i used to always run with it off, just ironic i only started having it on just to stop me getting too carried away.

No probs with mine on 20s. Maybe luck of the draw. I can honestly saw my TC has been 100% predictable since fitting t1rs about 2 years ago.

It only comes on if provoked.

No probs with mine on 20s. Maybe luck of the draw. I can honestly saw my TC has been 100% predictable since fitting t1rs about 2 years ago.

It only comes on if provoked.

Yeah i agree with you Stew it has been fine since i got it back and came on when i would expect it to come on but in this situation with the road surface change the car simply didnt know what the hell to do and cut the power just as i had started to correct the slide which was unfortunately too late. Its just the roll on the dice really at the end of the day and ive just been unfortunate but lucky that its only metal and fibreglass that needs fixing and not bones.

The problem with TC is that if all 4 wheels are sliding, then 2 get grip but 2 dont, it can grab you and unsettle the car further. In most cases its good, but there are some instances where it doesnt like it. When I did the CarLimits airfield activity day you have to turn TC off for the high speed bend if TC kicks in it can unsettle the car and you wont save it. Works in more cases than not so always worth having it on, just sometimes it goes a bit wrong

Glad you got home all ok and your all good mark, no worries about staying behind, hope it all goes well and you can get to wales!, Who are you insured with ? (like 4 like) ?

Cheers Mark. Im insured with a company called Chaucer but took the policy through Sky insurance. Yeah its like for like insurance but unfortunately it means sod all should they write it off. Just praying at the moment that there isnt much structural damage.

Yeah everything is fully declared, so if they decide to repair i should get it back as good if not better than it was. However with the mods costing more cash it pushes the repair cost up so if its classed as a uneconomical repair they will write it off and give me a option to buy it back.

By the way who took photos of the accident, can you post them here or send them too me i may need some decent pics for the insurance company.

Glad you made it home safe marky.

I did actually see the car of completely off the tarmac at one stage looking through my rear view mirror. Sorry for the unfortunate incident again and pray the insurance company don’t write such a lovely Zed off.

As mark said, if you need a hand with anything just give us a shout mate. Hope to see your car on the road soon.

also get your mate to join the forum, great guy

WtF?! That's harsh man but at least you're okay.

From the pic you've uploaded it seems the front's taken most of the damage but I can't really tell.

I hope its not a write off but I have a feeling it won't be. Good luck mate