06 car with cheap tax - is this possible?

cpk

Hi all,

My 1st post and after looking through old posts I can't find the answer so apologise in advance if it's been done to death.

Basically, I'm looking for a Z, preferably an 06 model. I was wondering if you can get an 06 model (with the updates and 296bhp) that was registered before 23rd March 2006 so it has cheap tax?

When was the facelift introduced?

Cheers

Hi all,

My 1st post and after looking through old posts I can't find the answer so apologise in advance if it's been done to death.

Basically, I'm looking for a Z, preferably an 06 model. I was wondering if you can get an 06 model (with the updates and 296bhp) that was registered before 23rd March 2006 so it has cheap tax?

When was the facelift introduced?

Cheers

Welcome and I havn't a clue :blush:

others will be along who do

:thumbs:

Wat are you 03 owners paying for a year?

£210

Does the car have to be registed in the uk before 2003? Mine is an 03 but got brought into the country in 07

It seems to depend on who deals with it at DVLA. Mine was first registered in Japn in 03 and imported/SVAd in March 06 but just missed the cut-off so I pay the full £400. I think someone else has a similar car, but the DVLA seemed to accept it as having been registered abroad.

It is really stupid - there's no good reason for it. The rise in duty was supposed to be designed to address climate change and CO2 issues, so there is absolutely no sense in distinguishing where a car was first registered in deciding how much duty is to be paid. Either those who framed the legislation are stupid/perverse or the numpties at DVLA are being very jobsworth in interpreting and applying the legislation. The long and the short of it is that I am paying £400 to drive a car manufactured in the same year in the very same factory in Japan where the UK cars were made, and their drivers are paying £210.

:angry::angry::bang: