PS1 with PS2

cmm13

I have been having problems trying to source a set of rear PS2 for my car. However I am able to get a set of PS1 for a really good price I was wondering if there would be a problem running PS2 on the front with PS1 on the rear of the car. I have been advised by the company (although I understand that they are trying to sell them) that there should be no detrimental effects to the handling of the car. Was wondering what people on here thought?

Cheers

I wouldn't. They're completely different tyres with completely different treads, and mixing tyres is really not worth the savings as they're the only thing keeping you in contact with the road. PS2s are easy to come by seeing as how they don't make the PS1 any more.

I wouldn't. They're completely different tyres with completely different treads, and mixing tyres is really not worth the savings as they're the only thing keeping you in contact with the road. PS2s are easy to come by seeing as how they don't make the PS1 any more.

Under most circumstances I would agree that its not good practice to mix different tyres. In this instance, however, I can confidently say that I have just driven all through the winter with this combination and at no point did I feel they were not working together.

So long as you dont mix tyres on the same axle then you are fine, ie you want both front tyres doing the same thing, and both back tyres doing the same thing. It's when you mix at the front/back you get real issues as one side grips better than the other with obvious results :drive1

To be honest I would always try to put the same tread pattern all round however I have had serious problems sourcing PS2 (have been on order for the last 4 weeks). When I posted before I had tried about 6 companies and all of them could get the PS1 but not the PS2. I have however just got a company who says that they can supply a set of PS2 by Tuesday.

Thanks for the help

Any good tyre dealer should be able to get hold of the PS2's as they are available in this country.

I would advise against gettring the PS1's as eventually the PS2's will replace the PS1's and you will have a mix of tyres again.

Out of interest how much are you getting the PS2's for?