Any Geordies on here?!!

cfoster

Got a stag do in Newcastle this weekend and we're flying up Friday morning, what bars / clubs are decent and what ones shall we avoid? We've been before a fair few years back and remember Tiger Tiger being alright (am sure that was in a small complex of clubs) and another club called Beach something or other? We're all around 28 - 30 years old so no 18yr old clubs!!!

Also whats the better strip clubs to go to, being a stag do we have to pay a visit to one of them!!

cheers

Chris

My mate was in one last weekend (school girl night) and had a nice time.

Although it was a stag do and a few guys were in kilts. So my mate told the huge big black bouncer he was being racist for not letting them in in kilts. Went down like a lead balloon!

The Gate is the complex we're Tiger Tiger is. As you say, there are a number of pubs in there.

A few nice bars down on the Quayside, and over the river from there you have Buffalo Bills club (not a fan myself)

Blu Bambo is good.

Digital is probably one of the better clubs - Its near the life center, and is a good size. Not been in for a while though.

Strip Clubs:

Ive heard that Blue Velvet is ok. But never been to it myself.

Theres a one just of the A168, but I cant remember the name of it. Will have a think and get back to you.

EDIT: its called For Your Eyes Only. It supposed to be ok. But again, Ive never been.

tiger tiger is alright i suppose... its next to the gate which has about 5-6 bars inside which makes it very easy on a night out... something else to consider would be osbourne road... street of bars. its full of students but also alot of 20-30-40 year olds there so you wouldnt look outa place...also its only a 5 minute taxi journery away from the middle of town.

clubs wise

digital night club.

blue

tiger tiger

licquid/envy

these would be my choice...

strip clubs... theres 3 really to choose from.. most popular being For Your Eyes Only.. blue velvet and diamonds

if you head down to blue velvet... tell the bouncer to find toby (the manager) and tell him your chocky's cousin... should get you free entry/ drinks

if youz need any help ill happily leave my number

Totally forgot about Osbourne Road! (aint been down then since I was a student! lol)

Never been a fan of Liquid/Envy - but it is perfect if you are staying in the Premier Inn next door!

excellent cheers chaps, remember the Gate complex now, think there was a sports bar in there as well we were in during the day!! Just found out we have vip/guest entry into Blue so imagine we'll end up in there on the saturday night!!

We're staying at the Travelodge in town so not sure whereabouts it is in relation to the other places.

Chris :)