Used Car Roadshow - 350z + £20k for a Porsche?!?!

maestegman

Show me a GTR for sale in japan for £27k please......................

1. http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... r/1702915/

27000 kilometres

Going for 5500000 JPY

2. http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... r/1778994/

4000 kilometres on it

Going for 5710000 JPY

3. http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... r/1569889/

12000 kilometres on it

Going for 5900000 JPY

take the second one for example:

With the current exchange rate it will come to £38K

If you consider the bank of England average exchange rate for 2008. You can have it for £29K

If you consider the bank of England average exchange rate for 2007. You can have it for £24K

Generally speaking the exchange rate prior to the credit crunch was between 200-235 JPY per 1 British pound.

pick the right time and your in for a treat.

Bear in mind that this is an export trader. So he knows you and I will be looking at his cars for side of the world. I wonder what it would be like if you visit local dealer and haggle the price (or get your Japanese holiday girlfriend to do it)

So you can't....... Using last years exchange rate doesn't count! :lol:

So you can't....... Using last years exchange rate doesn't count! :lol:

well, exchange rate prior to may 08 was 200+ which was the norm prior to this saga. when things get back to norm (if they ever do) then you can. the pound these days cant buy you anything anyway

Personally, i would never touch a porsche, the main reason is that i see countless ones every single day on my way to work and it seems that when someone has a bit of money and wants something that they can drive everyday to and from work they buy a porsche. I just dont see the imagination there. Plus the style is very boring.

Personally, i would never touch a porsche, the main reason is that i see countless ones every single day on my way to work and it seems that when someone has a bit of money and wants something that they can drive everyday to and from work they buy a porsche. I just dont see the imagination there. Plus the style is very boring.

+1.

This is a very important point sl114.

Several of my mates had never seen (or been aware of seeing) a Zed before I picked one up. Interestingly, as they all knew I was torn (realistically from a financial point) between a 350z, a Boxster and an SLK, it has been universally recognised that I have made the right decision in purchasing a Zed.

It is clear that the relative scarcity of Zeds on the road makes them far more appealling.

I have to say though that the few SLKs (new ranging up to 10 years old - new and old models) and the numerous Porsches (10 year old Boxsters up to 2 year 996s) I drove were all, in their own way, fabulous cars. I haven't driven (or even seen in a flesh) a GTR so I can't comment. It does look a fantastic bit of kit however.

My original post concerns that of value. I genuinely believe that I've bought the best value sportscar on the road today.

However, as soon as my Child Support Agency payments stop in 2016, I suspect that I'll be looking at some stupidly expensive Porsche (or maybe a GTR ;) ) Until then, I'm VERY happy with what I've got - and I'm really looking forward to when 130 quid's worth of CYC detailing goodies arrives on my doorstep (hopefully) tomorrow morning :yahoo:

For me (a youngster) image comes into it a fair bit.

To sum up Porsche for me, unless you have a 911, they all look quite effeminate. Non 911's are fantastic to drive but you catch your reflection in a shop window and 'steady sailor'. They just don't stand out as much as I'd like for the amount of money you need to spend on one. Wheras the 911 Turbo, really really good to drive, I would like to be seen in one.

I've driven a few Boxter's, 2.7's, S' etc, really good/fun to drive, but ultimately, I wouldn't want to be seen driving it. I've only seen women driving the Cayman and it just doesn't look as 'ard as the 911, no doubt it's good though.

Same with the SLK, driven one, brilliant fun with top down etc, but wouldn't want to be seen in it. Wheras an SL, I'd have one of those.

As above with the Audi TT.

I think the least effeminate cars are the Z4M and the S2000 but they just aren't as hairy chested as the 350z.

But then again, 'you shouldn't car what others think' apparently.

350z = MAN CAR! :lol:

Show me a GTR for sale in japan for £27k please......................

1. http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... r/1702915/

27000 kilometres

Going for 5500000 JPY

2. http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... r/1778994/

4000 kilometres on it

Going for 5710000 JPY

3. http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... r/1569889/

12000 kilometres on it

Going for 5900000 JPY

take the second one for example:

With the current exchange rate it will come to £38K

If you consider the bank of England average exchange rate for 2008. You can have it for £29K

If you consider the bank of England average exchange rate for 2007. You can have it for £24K

Generally speaking the exchange rate prior to the credit crunch was between 200-235 JPY per 1 British pound.

pick the right time and your in for a treat.

Bear in mind that this is an export trader. So he knows you and I will be looking at his cars for side of the world. I wonder what it would be like if you visit local dealer and haggle the price (or get your Japanese holiday girlfriend to do it)

So basically, you can't unless you learn to teleport back in time 2 years :doh:

And with import duty, shipping and VAT your looking at £50k+ ;)