Tyre Pressure Gauge

Anubis

Hi guys,

I read somewhere that the zed has a tyre pressure system strapped on to the alloy to show the tyre pressure reading in the car - is this correct?

If this is so, as with many other sports cars, what do you do when you swap over alloys? I want to keep the original Rays for the winter but have my new Volk alloys for the summer (too good to be swimming in crud for 6+ months of our lovely English year). Do you bother putting new pressure gauges on to the new alloys as well or don't you bother (its not worth it)?

:blink:

Hi guys,

I read somewhere that the zed has a tyre pressure system strapped on to the alloy to show the tyre pressure reading in the car - is this correct?

If this is so, as with many other sports cars, what do you do when you swap over alloys? I want to keep the original Rays for the winter but have my new Volk alloys for the summer (too good to be swimming in crud for 6+ months of our lovely English year). Do you bother putting new pressure gauges on to the new alloys as well or don't you bother (its not worth it)?

:blink:

Not on UK spec cars. Not even an option.

I have them on my Laguna and its a right crap idea, when i changed my tyres i was told that one had corroded and needed to be replaced. £40 pound for the unit and £30 pound to program it, it now has a normal valve and i've also got an extra light on my dash telling me my tyre is faulty :wacko:

If you speak to Andy (PM him on here) you can get an aftermarket TPMS system that is an aftermarket fit. Additional sensor valves are available to fit so you can have them on your different wheels.

Mine isnt fitted yet, was going to be today when the wheels were done but this has been postponed a few days!