Y pipe holed

Adriank

Hi guys,

My nismo Y has finally given up the ghost and is blowing noticably now at the flexi sectioons making one hell of a noise!

I wondered if anyone localish to berkshire had a cheap std one i could get quickly to put on, or if any traders had one in stock. Im fitted in at a garage tuesday afternoon to have whatever i csn get hold of fitted, so would need to be able to collect / have it delivered before then.

Any help appreciated, thasnsk

Adrian

Probably wise , no worries :thumbs:

You know theres one her Adrian :thumbs:

You guys still have that one?

Whats your price on it?

Like you need to ask.

Good job I didnt take your one neither! I thought TGM said it was fine having that braiding rubbing off? Is there noticably more gone now? Worried mine may head the same way :surrender:

I thik its just flexing a lot more and getting a lot hotter with the decats on now chris.

I burnt my hand on the tailpipe tip at the back of the car when looking at it yesterday!

Iirc quite a few nismo exhausts have failed on the flexible joint when highflow cats or decats have been used, but seem to be fine with the standard cat. ;)

I thik its just flexing a lot more and getting a lot hotter with the decats on now chris.

I burnt my hand on the tailpipe tip at the back of the car when looking at it yesterday!

Iirc quite a few nismo exhausts have failed on the flexible joint when highflow cats or decats have been used, but seem to be fine with the standard cat. ;)

Thats a good point. They do flex too much or something if the decats dont have mounts like the standard cats? Does that make sense? I think the std cats had a mount to brace them and decats dont? Maybe too much flex for the Nismo Y-pipe to take.

Just wanted to make sure it wasnt because of the worn braid as thats the same as mine :thumbdown:

Thats a good point. They do flex too much or something if the decats dont have mounts like the standard cats? Does that make sense? I think the std cats had a mount to brace them and decats dont? Maybe too much flex for the Nismo Y-pipe to take.

Just wanted to make sure it wasnt because of the worn braid as thats the same as mine :thumbdown:

My APS ones have all the mounts that the std cats do, they seem to be very good quality, i just think that the already damaged flexis cant take the combo of higher heat and more flow, and have given up the ghost.

What a pain in the bum!

My bank manager just says yes whenever i want to buy something lol.

I might be in trouble soon tho, have met a nice lady.... car spendings gonna get hammered :lol:

I have solved my problem now, but im not going to say how until i have pictures :-p

Couple of people know, so hopefully they wont say!