Paintwork

mac1984

I've just been to look at a 2004 350z and noticed that the bonnet is bubbling up on the front edge and on the side edge near the back of the bonnet. It's only light bubbling, how long is Nissan's paintwork warranty last?

Also by the looks of the rear bumper looks like its had abit of paintwork not very well lol.

and how do I tell by the VIN number if its an import or not.

Many thanks.

I've just been to look at a 2004 350z and noticed that the bonnet is bubbling up on the front edge and on the side edge near the back of the bonnet. It's only light bubbling, how long is Nissan's paintwork warranty last?

Also by the looks of the rear bumper looks like its had abit of paintwork not very well lol.

and how do I tell by the VIN number if its an import or not.

Many thanks.

Well out of warranty, sounds like it s been in a shunt?

walk away! :thumbdown:

The rear bumper respray might suggest that, but the little bit of paint blistering on the bonnet seems odd, just wondering if the paintwork on a 350z isnt that good?

Test drove one today, really enjoyed it. It didnt have that big shove that my TT has but the power is seemless and it is deceptively quick. Although I wasnt really planting it as it wasnt mine. The guy who owned it previous to me part ex it in for a new Ford Focus RS

What kind of car will I be looking at for around 11k ish maybe bit more or less? I still seem cautious of imports, should I be?

Thanks

The rear bumper respray might suggest that, but the little bit of paint blistering on the bonnet seems odd, just wondering if the paintwork on a 350z isnt that good?

Test drove one today, really enjoyed it. It didnt have that big shove that my TT has but the power is seemless and it is deceptively quick. Although I wasnt really planting it as it wasnt mine. The guy who owned it previous to me part ex it in for a new Ford Focus RS

What kind of car will I be looking at for around 11k ish maybe bit more or less? I still seem cautious of imports, should I be?

Thanks

I've nevr heard of paint bubbling on th ebonnet before

Not a common problem

Would get a good one for 11k. Have a look in the For Sale forum here.

There are a few people here who have imports who can advise :thumbs:

I *think* I remember Chris'I mentioning a bubbling paint issue on the leading edge of his bonnet.

Not a common problem though and possibly caused by untreated stonechips.....

11k is a popular fiquire right now and there are a few good ones about at that money.

I wouldn't let Imports put you off but go for the spec you want.

If it's an import it will have a square rear number plate (unless the bumper has been swapped) and will not have the headlamp washers.

Quite a lot of import owners on here, and none of us have had any significant issues as far as I am aware. The cars are bulit on the same assembly line in Japan. The only thing to watch out for is that the mileage is genuine (backed by a Bimta certificate) and that the importer has made the appropriate changes to lights etc. It's probably best to look for a car already imported and being sold on.

11k should see you into a good car. There is nothing to be scared of when considering an import. The easy way to tell one is the squear rear number plate.

As long as the spec is what you want its all down to price.

The zed paint is a little anemic and stonechips are a problem but not normally bubbling.

Also be aware, that especially obvious in the Sunset, Azure and Silver tones, the bumpers being plastic, there is some difference in the colour in comparison to say the bonnet or the tailgate.

IMO 11k for an import with paint defects like that sounds a lot.

The reason I personally didn't look at imports is the specs aren't as good as Uk unless you get the rearer TS spec. Also the suspension setup is apparently better on the UK cars. Not driven a Jap car before though.

If the rear bumper has been sprayed that could be because the JDM bumper has been swapped for a UK one.

The log book should tell you if it's an import or not...

Good luck!

The car I test drove and with the bubbling on the bonnet wasnt an import.

I'm not thinking of importing in a fresh car just looking at import already in this country.

So the suspension in the imports, is it softer or harder? I'm after a GT spec car not sure what the import version is?

Are the forged RAYS alloy much lighter than the standard 18inch wheels?

Thanks

I'm not thinking of importing in a fresh car just looking at import already in this country.

So the suspension in the imports, is it softer or harder? I'm after a GT spec car not sure what the import version is?

Thanks

The suspension was changed in 2004 (I think - please correct me if I'm wrong) to be the same as UK.

Thanks

I think the JDM equivalent of the GT is the TS spec.

The suspension was changed in 2004 (I think - please correct me if I'm wrong) to be the same as UK.

Yes, commonly referred to as a 2004.5 ;)