Scratched window glass and non-sealed window issue

matth76

Has anyone else experienced scratches on their passenger or driver windows? I have vertical scratches (quite a few) each about 4 cms long all along the top of the passenger window, across the width of the window as though over the last three years it has been catching on some metal across the width of the window in the door. Is this covered under warranty (it is definitely not normal wear and tear because my last car was 12 yrs old and had perfect windows)? When the window does close or open it appears quiet but clearly has been catching on something over the 4yr life of the car.

Also my driver window does not close properly (there is a small gap about 1mm between the rubber rim and the glass) - it is noticable when driving at 70 mph.. really hear the wind whistle, and when I wash the car it occasionally leaks. I can see it is the rubber bit along the top of the window which is at fault.. it does not securely cover the top of the window. I have heard this is a common issue - so is this covered under extended mfr warranty (same as the scratched glass above)?

Thanks for any info.

Best thing to do is ask your local friendly Nissan dealer and explain the situation to them? I guess it will be - definitely the window not shutting correctly?

Worse case if they dont do it get some T-Cut glass polish - it really does work - just like normal T Cut but for glass.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on? :)

When I read the OP It freaked me out, word for word you described the exact same problems I encountered yesterday! :scare: SoO Cheers Matth76 for saving me the time to type it out and cheers stan I'll grab some glass T-Cut! :thumbs: The scratches arnt deep, it looks like there was some grit wedged into the seal on the drivers side. Most of the scratches are located towards the top of the glass.

• 3 months later...

I've got scratches on my windows too. Will give the t cut a try tomorrow but it wont do much for the deeper ones.

My drivers window doesn't close properly sometimes either. Its like a speed sensor, soon as i hit 85mph the wind starts howling in :lol: I have to lift the window switch to close the window but it eventually drops again. Its only a tiny amount maybe 1 or 2 mm max but its enough to irritate me. May need to try the widow reset procedure but not convinced that'll work.

I've got scratches on my windows too. Will give the t cut a try tomorrow but it wont do much for the deeper ones.

My drivers window doesn't close properly sometimes either. Its like a speed sensor, soon as i hit 85mph the wind starts howling in :lol: I have to lift the window switch to close the window but it eventually drops again. Its only a tiny amount maybe 1 or 2 mm max but its enough to irritate me. May need to try the widow reset procedure but not convinced that'll work.

Steve, you have a way of finding the positives to problems :p ......speed sensor??? :lol:

I have the same issue now ll the time and no change after reset procedure.

The stealers know about the problem but you have to fork out for new weather strip rubbers :dry:

The wind actually goes out.....venturi effect B)

£200 for the rubber strip / window seal!!! I've decided to drive slower or put up with the whistle. It's a common problem and in a car that's 3.5 yrs old should not have this kind of thing happening under "wear and tear" - yet Nissan refuse to fix it under mfr warranty which I have.

they do T-cut for windows???! I never had a clue :bangin:

I've got some small scratches on my windows but just thought they wouldnt be that easy to clean up.

Has any one used this yet and what are there opinions?

I tried the Tcut but it didnt work, the scratches are too deep on mine, i can feel them if i run over them with my nail.

I've seen a thread on detailing world which was interesting:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=95965

I'm considering trying this kit...or possibly trying the T-cut with a buffer and a felt pad which may work better possibly?!

That looks like a good kit.... I've ordered some felt buffing pads already so i'm going to give the T-cut a go with them first. If that doesnt work then I'll be ordering that kit i think

...and if that doesnt work I'll just have to get over it! and accept that my car has scratched windows :headhurt:

• 1 year later...