New Project

Zedrush

Okay, still havnt got the modding bug out of my system yet, and really fancy starting up a new project whilst I wait for hopefully the GT3 end of the year now ... hopefully if all goes to plan :dry:

So was thinking dont want to spend alot on the actual car and fancy something different this time mod the engine as well as the exterior. Was looking at the S2000 ... I know I know, But... did you know the engine comes forged, people have turboed this car and got over 550Bhp on a stock Block :scare::scare::scare: Thats insane!!!!! Ecu is not self learning, you can pick one up for next to nothing, 8K and i got to admit I kinda like the look of em once modded.

Just want your opinions, anyone any experience with one or would like to share views.

Just to update, was going to do something to a 350z, went to view seemed fine was going for 12k, called RAC up to check it out and the guy basically lied, it had been in a crash, pretty bad one, so I stayed clear of it, reported it to pistonheads as he put never been in a crash on the ad :dry:

Just want a hobby car that I can mod the hell out of cos I wont be able to mod as much on the more expensive car once bought :blush:

an S2000 would be a good car to mod, and they can look awesome when done properly.

But be warned, they are horrid to drive. I had one for a 24 hour test drive, and just couldnt get into it.

If you drive a turbo car, you always get the warning that the car is gunna come on boost. But with the VTEC in that thing, there's no warning. Going round a roundabout in second, I really had to pay attention to the revs, otherwise the VTEC kicked in, and the back end stepped out.

Now, I dont mind some sideways action. But only when I want it to!

You could get a supra for sod all at the moment, and mod the hell outta it. The engine is so over engineered it can take a hell of alot of power on stock internals

an S2000 would be a good car to mod, and they can look awesome when done properly.

But be warned, they are horrid to drive. I had one for a 24 hour test drive, and just couldnt get into it.

If you drive a turbo car, you always get the warning that the car is gunna come on boost. But with the VTEC in that thing, there's no warning. Going round a roundabout in second, I really had to pay attention to the revs, otherwise the VTEC kicked in, and the back end stepped out.

Now, I dont mind some sideways action. But only when I want it to!

You could get a supra for sod all at the moment, and mod the hell outta it. The engine is so over engineered it can take a hell of alot of power on stock internals

Cheers lexx for that, id love a supra but everything that can be done to it has been, Id be hard pushed to make mine stand out, with an S2000 I think there is plenty of room for unique modding, and styling in the U.K

Nice cars but I agree with Lexx, I couldn't get into it when I drove one. I found the Z much more planted and the S2000 almost had a mind of its own!! Nice cars though and a big bhp one would certainly be a machine! Have you been out in one yet?

One motor I always thought had potential is the Hyndai Coupe (Tuscani)

Yes the old ones looked a bit pants but the siii looks pretty sexy and the top engine 2.7 V6 has a lot of potential I reckon. Just a shame that as standard they are so weedy.

They go for 8/9k at the mo.

Then all you need to do is slap a Hana kit on and it's already lookin hot...

mycar1188179465123.jpg

Nice enough car. But the second it is wet, you will leave the road whilst not in any sort of control. :scare:

Yup. You'll need something like that RaceLogic aftermarket traction control to keep it on the black stuff!

What abount an Evo Jay? You can get some belters at the moment with serious horsepower for not a lot of money.

Think he wants something more unique. I think there are Evos in every flavour out there, nothing new to explore really. Agree though, there are some bargins out there!

What abount an Evo Jay? You can get some belters at the moment with serious horsepower for not a lot of money.

Yeh was thinking of that but you know me Im more about looks, putting a turbo in it is a bonus but as long as the looks are striking B)

Yeh was thinking of that but you know me Im more about looks, putting a turbo in it is a bonus but as long as the looks are striking B)

Get yourself a nice little MX5 then, they're pretty :p

Get yourself a nice little MX5 then, they're pretty :p

:boxing:

Nothing wrong with the looks of mine :teeth:

DSC00454.jpg

All show and no go. :p:p:lol::lol: What about a Mini then.

:lol::p

Haha, you laugh but my brothers (old shape) Mini would probably embarrass most Zeds on here!

It's a race-spec Avonbar Turbo jobbie - possibly the scariest car Ive ever been in! :headhurt: