Converting photo's into black and white.....

Sarnie

i think most picture viewers have an editing facility where you can do this.

if your struggling, send the photos and i'll do them for you in 5 secs :teeth:

I could do with knowing how to do it myself as i have a fair few to do, thanks though :thumbs:

I could do with knowing how to do it myself as i have a fair few to do, thanks though :thumbs:

get photoshop and ill show ya, Ill also show you how you get the image part colour and part black and white :thumbs:

get photoshop and ill show ya, Ill also show you how you get the image part colour and part black and white :thumbs:

Do you have to pay for photoshop? :blush:

Yes you do but you can do it in Windows Photo Gallery if you have vista, it may have been on the XP version too.

If you got vista then open the image in Windows Photo Gallery then click "fix" then click "Colour Adjust" and take all the sliders to the left...

And yes you have to pay for photoshop.... most of the time ;)

And it's bloody expansive if you pay for it.

It gets bigger??? ;)

EDIT: Argh... Clarkie throws an edit in!!!!

They do say that most people use about 10% of its capabilities... Massive product and works well with the other software in the suite but unless you use it on a pro basis then it is expensive!

If you want a good free tool that's not as in depth as Photoshop try Google Picasa

http://picasa.google.com/

I'd be interested to hear what others think of it but I like it!

Cheers for that just what I was looking for :thumbs:

I have a few pics of me and my son that I am having made into canvas' to give to my wife for Mothersday. I wanted them black and white but wanted to see what they looked like before I paid the cash and committed to them.

One further question, how would I go about making the pic B&W but then having a part of the picture still in colour? E.g I want a B&W canvas of me & my Mrs of our first dance at our wedding but want her dress to show up in colour etc........ :)

I have a few pics of me and my son that I am having made into canvas' to give to my wife for Mothersday. )

:cry::cry::cry: Thats such a beautiful thing to do, you had me at hello, you old romantic PMSL :lol::lol::lol:

You think it might be better just to have a pictures of your son in the photo, rather than have one of you as well, Im sure she dont want reminding who she is married to... JK :lol:

I have a few pics of me and my son that I am having made into canvas' to give to my wife for Mothersday. )

:cry::cry::cry: Thats such a beautiful thing to do, you had me at hello, you old romantic PMSL :lol::lol::lol:

You think it might be better just to have a pictures of your son in the photo, rather than have one of you as well, Im sure she dont want reminding who she is married to... JK :lol:

Fu ck you funny man. :boxing::p

If you want a good free tool that's not as in depth as Photoshop try Google Picasa

http://picasa.google.com/

I'd be interested to hear what others think of it but I like it!

I have a few pics of me and my son that I am having made into canvas' to give to my wife for Mothersday. I wanted them black and white but wanted to see what they looked like before I paid the cash and committed to them.

One further question, how would I go about making the pic B&W but then having a part of the picture still in colour? E.g I want a B&W canvas of me & my Mrs of our first dance at our wedding but want her dress to show up in colour etc........ :)

Thats a bit more complicated, you probably need a more advanced pacakge to do this like photoshop. Basically you create two layers, a colour layer and a black and white layer then mask out where you want the colour to show through...hope that makes sense :thumbs:

Thats a bit more complicated, you probably need a more advanced pacakge to do this like photoshop. Basically you create two layers, a colour layer and a black and white layer then mask out where you want the colour to show through...hope that makes sense :thumbs:

Yip, and sure someone on the forum can sort it out for you if thats what you want :thumbs:

Just get her flowers, its easier :lol: if you got the pic ill do it for you

Getting her flowers too ;)

you still on the same email?

Getting her flowers too ;)

you still on the same email?

yep