Advice/Tips Clean Zed for 1st Show 09

M350ZB

Right guys and girls and all your clean zed head out there :teeth:

Got my first show of the year this sunday, good old santa pod, roast-hope your still up fo it bud ? :thumbs:

Plan is as were having some good weather to give m zed a good old clean on the sat(day before), got a mate coming round to lend a hand, just want some advice with good cleaning products and tips, as not reall a huge clean freak, and some of the zeds on here are spot-less, looking at poping out this week or what not to get bits i have not got, really want it looking B) for this show as really hoping for some nice weather and its looking to be a good day.

O and if anyone has ever seen kieth's zed, gotta look at least half good next to him, :lol:

Any help/tips/advice on this guys would be great, and before ya all say it, have done a search and found some really intresting results and good looking products, but not looking at spending hours upon hours on it, but do want some qualityy products but more importantly that show finish :lol:

:thumbs:

I would say buy a good quality wax too give it a really wet look.Oh and a spray sealant to give that bit extra bling.

Product names, heard tech wax is good ?, really am not up-to-date at all with all this cleaning business, need to be though !

I don't use much of the meguires stuff.It also depends on how much you want to spend,I have several waxes that range from £25 to over £100.

I would pm Envy valeting see what he says,also have a look at cleanyourcar and polishedbliss websites.

Dodo and Zaino are good brands.

I used Megs Tech Wax and I like it, also used Megs microfibre to buff it off.

Used Megs towel to dry after washing.

Use Megs Leather Gold Class once a month.

Use Megs wheel brush to clean inside the wheels.

I think you get the idea...

Megs

Megs

Megs

Megs

and

Megs

:lol:

TBH, given this is your first venture into detailing, I would suggest the Megs 3 stage as you can get it from Halfrauds. Give it a wash, clay, polish and wax. That should get you looking good enough for starters. If you want to get into it more seriously, then get onto the traders (Envy, i4detailing or even Polished Bliss). They will sort you out :thumbs:

From Halfrauds I would get:

Megs Clay bar kit - £18 ( http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165527 )

AG Starter Pack - £10 ( http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165671 )

Megs Stage 3 wax - £8.50 ( http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165527 )

The AG started pack gives you some samples of wash, polish (body and glass) and tar remover which is good for getting off stubborn bits that clay wont shift. Can be substitued for Megs Stage 1 + 2 but that costs a bit more. Depends how into it you are.

Brillo pad is awesome...... :headhurt:

Honestly, get advice from Muddy, H5, Tim at Envy and Paul at Race valeting. They all frequent here and will give you the best advice.

There are quite a few clean freaks around and they (or should that be we???) could offer many mega bucks solutions.

My own preference for silver is Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic. Never seen anything that works better on silver. I know it's available at polished bliss but there might be other stockists too.

You could do worse than this.... http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-protect.html

Give Rich at polished bliss a call to discuss the options on 0845 4540017

And if you want another thread to scan through to help, try this one

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... e&start=15

Only thing in that thread is my comment about glazes - depending on what glaze it is, it isn't always the final 'temporary' step. Many are a final step before sealing.

If that is too far, then there are less involved ways of doing it!! :)

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/?gcl ... QgodolJCpw

WASH WITH MEGS GOLD CLASS

CLAY WITH MEGS (OR ANY OTHER CLAY BRAND ALL THE SAME REALLY, BUT REMEMBER IF YOU DROP THE CLAY ON THE FLOOR THEN BIN IT!!!)

WAX, ANY WAX WHICH COST AROUND £30 WILL BE PRETTY GOOD AND IT WILL LAST YOU FOR EVER!!

TRY DODO JUICE OR P222 BOTH GOOD FOR WET LOOK FINISH.

(THESE BEAT ANY WAX YOU'LL GET FROM HALFORDS HANDS DOWN)

THEN JUST TAKE A BOTTLE OF SPEED DETAILER AND A MICRO FIBRE TO KEEP IT LOOKNG B)B)

I see a lot of people on here use the megs but tbh i think there's a lot better products for the same money. The first thing i'd do is give it a going over with some as tardis to remove any tar, then give it a clay to smooth the paintwork, bilt hamber clay is good, nearly half the price of megs and you get about twice as much. Then it really depends on how much time you want to spend but for yourself who doesn't maybe want to get into a full detail then clean your car do a good kit consisting of car lack, collinite 476s, a couple of microfibres and a couple of applicators. The car lack prepares the paint well and the collinite 476s is a good reasonably priced wax which lasts for ages. Once you get your car to that stage then a good wash and dry technique will keep it looking pristine.

If its a show car finish you want then i would get it professionally detailed,have a chat with whoever is doing it and picks some advice up off them.

Then you can maintain the work they have done with really very little effort.Did i say little effort having just spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning mine :scare:

If its a show car finish you want then i would get it professionally detailed,have a chat with whoever is doing it and picks some advice up off them.

Then you can maintain the work they have done with really very little effort.Did i say little effort having just spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning mine :scare:

3/1/2 hours, :lol:, right plan is sat, wake up nice and early and spend a good day cleaning the zed, luckily got my mate down for help,so going to be plenty of teas and bacon butties, :lol:. Keep the advice coming guys, and does anyone know any othere good places to get bits from other than halfords based in essex, basildon ?

Thanks

:thumbs:

The best places to buy are online,if you order before thurs you will have your gear before sat.

Didnt think of this, will get looking ............. ;)

R222 wax bud ;)B)

Never heard of that?, overall what is one of the easiest to apply and remove as such ?,

The best places to buy are online,if you order before thurs you will have your gear before sat.

Didnt think of this, will get looking ............. ;)

R222 wax bud ;)B)

Never heard of that?, overall what is one of the easiest to apply and remove as such ?,

R222 is the old P21S and its a piece of cake to apply and remove :thumbs: Its a hard wax and you should be looking to pay about £20 quid for it ( it lasts for ages).