Advice/Tips Clean Zed for 1st Show 09

M350ZB

If you are serious then I would recommend getting onto Matt@i4detailing (hes on here), Envy or Polished Bliss. Get them on the phone, explain what you want to achive and what the budget is. They will tell you the option available and recommend something and can have it posted out in time for the weekend. Get it done tomorrow AM to make sure you have it otherwise its going to be a trip down Halfords on Saturday AM! :p

I recommend Dodo Juice products from what I've used of them, the waxes are excellent, better than P21S as they last longer :thumbs:

go get it machine polished, a guy near me is light sanding some parts of the car, machine polishing, waxing, and cleaning the engine bay for 80 pounds, then all i need to do is maintain it, tub of dodo juice blue velvet and lime prime lite, sorted :thumbs:

where you based matey ?

If you are serious then I would recommend getting onto Matt@i4detailing (hes on here), Envy or Polished Bliss. Get them on the phone, explain what you want to achive and what the budget is. They will tell you the option available and recommend something and can have it posted out in time for the weekend. Get it done tomorrow AM to make sure you have it otherwise its going to be a trip down Halfords on Saturday AM! :p

I recommend Dodo Juice products from what I've used of them, the waxes are excellent, better than P21S as they last longer :thumbs:

Yeah dont want to be in halfords last minute, :lol:, thinking o s**** wish i got this sorted earlier :lol:, so a toss up between Dodo juice and P21S, mmmmmmmmmmmm :lol: ?

im up in s****horpe north lincolnshire mate, a fair trip from you, have you contacted envy valeting to see what they can do?

not yet, gonna give it ago my self this sat and go from there, just getting a heads up on some good products :thumbs:

My big wash routine would be:

1. Take off alloys, clean properly, claybar, wax and put back on car.

2. Prewash car with powerwasher.

3. Snowfoam with Bilthamber Autofoam, including wheel arches.

4. Rinse.

5. Wash with meguiars gold class, washmit and two bucket method (one for wash other for rinsing washmit), paying attention to door jams, underside of bonnet and other nooks and crannies.

6. Claybar whole car with meguiars claybar and quickdetailer.

7. Wash car again to get rid of clay residue,

8. Dry with poorboy waffle weave towel.

9. Apply meguiars stage 3 hand polish with foampad and polish with microfibre cloth.

10. Apply a good hard wax, i prefer collinite 476 with foam pad and remove with microfibre cloth (if you have time the following day apply a second coat of collinite or other wax, i use dodo juice hard candy.)

11. Dress black trim with aerospace 303 or poorboy trim restorer.

12. Dress tyres with meguiars hot rims (apply on pad and rub onto wheel).

13. Clean zorst with autosol and wirewool/cloth.

14. Clean up engine bay with AG engine cleaner and selection of brushes.

Most importantly get yourself a good top up product. You can spray this on and wipe it off your car when you get to the show, this will not only safely clean off any dust but will restore the shine of your wax. I use Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Glos or Meguiars quick detailer.

As for the interior I use meguiars interior detailor, swissvax brushes to get the crud out of the nooks, poorboys or aerospace to clean plastics and meguiars leather cleaner/conditions to do the seats.

Phew....think thats it, thats how I like to do it.

R :teeth:

My big wash routine would be:

1. Take off alloys, clean properly, claybar, wax and put back on car.

2. Prewash car with powerwasher.

3. Snowfoam with Bilthamber Autofoam, including wheel arches.

4. Rinse.

5. Wash with meguiars gold class, washmit and two bucket method (one for wash other for rinsing washmit), paying attention to door jams, underside of bonnet and other nooks and crannies.

6. Claybar whole car with meguiars claybar and quickdetailer.

7. Wash car again to get rid of clay residue,

8. Dry with poorboy waffle weave towel.

9. Apply meguiars stage 3 hand polish with foampad and polish with microfibre cloth.

10. Apply a good hard wax, i prefer collinite 476 with foam pad and remove with microfibre cloth (if you have time the following day apply a second coat of collinite or other wax, i use dodo juice hard candy.)

11. Dress black trim with aerospace 303 or poorboy trim restorer.

12. Dress tyres with meguiars hot rims (apply on pad and rub onto wheel).

13. Clean zorst with autosol and wirewool/cloth.

14. Clean up engine bay with AG engine cleaner and selection of brushes.

Most importantly get yourself a good top up product. You can spray this on and wipe it off your car when you get to the show, this will not only safely clean off any dust but will restore the shine of your wax. I use Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Glos or Meguiars quick detailer.

As for the interior I use meguiars interior detailor, swissvax brushes to get the crud out of the nooks, poorboys or aerospace to clean plastics and meguiars leather cleaner/conditions to do the seats.

Phew....think thats it, thats how I like to do it.

R :teeth:

Top post :thumbs: Do that and you'll have one mint Z!