iPhone or Nokia N96??

S1 HNK

+1 for the iphone,

i looked at all the other phones, but the ipohne offers the best quality. my wife just got ride of her nokia as it was useless. dropping calls, freezing programmes, bought herself the samsung tocco and loves it.

I had this same dilemma about 3 months ago. Had the N95 and was very happy with it, so was going to upgrade to the N96, but I got an iPhone instead. It is such a cool phone and being able to get on the web anywhere and browse with ease (so much easier than the N95/N96) makes it much more capable. Email is so much easier on the iPhone too, it's hard not to love the iPhone.

The touch screen texting takes a little getting used to, but I'd say it was comparable to a normal phone speed wise, if not faster although I do make the odd mistake now and again. The only thing the N96 has that the iPhone doesn't is turn by turn navigation (voice guided). The latest version of Nokia maps is very good and I do miss that. Google maps on iPhone is great though, but no voice instructions....yet!! Of course if you have sat nav, this won't be an issue.

Also, no voice recognition on the iPhone as standard, but I have an application called 'Dialler' that gives it that function (but never used it on either phone). So there are a LOT of very cool but quite useless apps like Google Earth, Youtube, games and many other "impress your mates down the pub" apps, but there are a few useful ones too like facebook, eBay, speed cam detectors, google mobile app, translators, etc.

The Samsung Tocco and Omnia are good phones too, but iPhone just keeps getting better plus it's fun too. Version 3 software is rumoured to have voice recognition for making calls (as standard), choosing songs by artist, album name and turn by turn voice navigation. Get one, you won't regret it!!

Oh, forgot to mention the Blackberry storm is not so great. I had one for a week before got my iPhone, looks nice, does everything you need but no Wifi (which works seemlessly on the iPhone) and the touch screen was hard to use and despite the keys being bigger than the iPhone I kept making mistakes. I did have this when it first came out though, perhaps there have been some software updates to improve it...

You can view them, but you can't edit them like you can on some phones. Not a massive deal for me as working on a spreadsheet is pretty much impossible on any phone and if you want to jot down some text then you can just write what you want and mail it to yourself, then paste it into a Word document.

However, there is proably an application that will enable editing.

Oh yeah, one more thing about the iPhone, camera's not that great (only 2 megapixels) and there's no video recorder (unless you jail break/unlock it).

My Nokia N95 had an amazing camera with a half decent flash too, as I'm sure most new Nokia's have. Depends what's important to you I suppose.