GTR V-SPEC Crazy Brake Pad Prices*Now with Pic*

Beavis

Just read an article in Japanese performance that replacement pads for the up and coming GTR v-spec will be £16,000 :surrender: WTF??? And if you wanted to change the disc's and pads on all four corners that will £32,000 . :scare::surrender:

FFS thats more than the cost of a top of the range 370z. :wacko:

Well thats what it says in the write up, unless my eye sight is worse than i thought :lol: . Says also the cost of the car will be £118,000.

Even Ferrari's et al don't have costs like that, its more than a third of the cars cost. An engine shouldn't cost £32k never mind consumables........... :surrender:

When I spoke to Nissan they quoted that the price of a service including replacement brake discs and pads all round was close to £5,000... :thumbs:

But was that for the standard GT-R? ;)

The v-spec as carbon fibre brakes.

Prices for pads and discs allround on the standard GTR are apparently quite high.

There have been posts on the GTROC giving information that has been provided by the Nissan High Performance Centres:

Up to 12,000 miles per annum:

£785 for scheduled servicing

£4150 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

18,000 miles per annum:

£1725 for scheduled servicing

£5090 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

With prices like the above for "standard" discs/pads - I can see the combination of carbon ceramic discs and Nissans pricing on their sports car parts making the discs on the spec-v a little steep to say the least.

As far as I have found, the list price from Ferrari for a set of replacement carbon ceramics on th F430 is $29600 for the discs all round and a further $3600 for the pads all round.

At current exchange rates thats about £25k, and it wouldnt be a surprise to see we pay the same in £ as they do in $, so at £33k, its not a cheap replacement. Though I havent found any actual UK replacement figures for the Ferrari parts.

As the GTR Spec-V discs are more or less the same items, its no shocker to see those prices.

Read this myself wednesday and was going to post up, have you also seen the prices of the other parts :wacko:

exhaust which is nismo 9i believe) around 14K and the same for the seats but each so thats nearly 30k for the seats :scare:

Think they'v just plucked any prices out of the sky for these parts just to make the price of £118,000 look reasonable, but then again there only building 30 so your buying the Individuality anyway which is where they could say most of the cost is! there not actaully that much different brakes, seats, paint colour, carbon brake ducts, carbon rear wing (could have missed a few things out there :lol: )then just a few other little changes!