oil consumption

T8 JPE

Does anyone with the 296bhp engine (rev up) find that they use a fair bit of oil. I estimate that i've used 0.3 - 0.4 ltrs in 3000miles.

Mine does'nt but your consumption is well inside Nissan's acceptable limits. Yours is not a fair bit of oil for the mileage ;)

That's not bad. Wouldn't raise concerns if it was my engine.

The media and the man down the pub blew the problem out of proportion a bit which probably makes owners worry unnecessarily.

A litre per 1000 miles seems to ring a bell.......

Personally I'd be concerned if my engine was using Nissan's 1L/1K miles, I don't care what they say as that's certainly not acceptable on a modern engine (rotary exempted). They're not the only manufacturer to give that exact number for a dodgy engine either...

My car doesn't appear to use a drop of oil regardless of how I drive it, road or track. I always keep a litre in the car though, just in case.

Sounds perfectly fine, and isn't something I'd worry about too much although I would keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't increase noticeably.

+1 :thumbs:

Had to put half a Ltr in mine when I got it, but seems not to have used any in the 3k that i've done.

i suppose i'm used to diesels, i had a navara with 225bhp and that didnt use a drop in the 35k that i did in it.

So is the general consensus that 0.1-0.2 ltrs per 1000miles is normal/acceptable?

Seems to be within tolerances.

My Zed hasnt used a drop of oil outside of normal servicing (every 9k) and I've put 40k on it :thumbs:

Does anyone with the 296bhp engine (rev up) find that they use a fair bit of oil. I estimate that i've used 0.3 - 0.4 ltrs in 3000miles.

That is well within limits. Only start to worry if you are using more than a litre every 1000miles.