I've piddled on my door trim how do I get it off!

stanski

Accidentally squirted some Turtle Wax Wet 'n black tyre dressing on my door trim! :doh:

Its silicon based stuff and has left little marks - even though I tried to rub it off soon as it happened!

Anyway of removing it without taking a layer of trim off also - its the revised interior remember i.e soft as chocolate! :dry:

Thanks

i know this isn't going to help but.... hahahahhaha :thumbs:

-ho

Classic!

I suggest speaking to the various detailers on the forums (Muddy, Envy etc) and see what they suggest. I wouldnt want to chip anything in to find it damages the car :blush:

So I cant use washing soda then! :lol:

I hate using any silicon based dash cleaners or polishes as they eventually ruin the surface material - I have some Autogylm interior cleaner and Mer cleaner - may try each one and see how I go but silicon is a dog to remove I think especially as the door trim is that textured effect doodar!

Just a thought Stan, as I take a break from the DIY :dry: - silicone remover that B & Q and the like sell - usually about £8 a tube - know idea if it would work in your case and might need to try where it it would not normally be seen :surrender:

Just a thought Stan, as I take a break from the DIY :dry: - silicone remover that B & Q and the like sell - usually about £8 a tube - know idea if it would work in your case and might need to try where it it would not normally be seen :surrender:

Thanks Colin

:) Interesting not heard of that - probably an acid based or strong alkaline solution like they use to cleanup PVC windows??

Just looked at that Peroxide link Beavis - technically I have to say that the ahem cleaning products that my company manufactures has more than just basic cleaners like that one -they spend millions in research etc etc etc!

Personally I like the old Victorian solutions which do use these basic materials - like washing soda (Sodium Hydroxde?), Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate), Linseed oil for sealing and cleaning tiles for example - all those old cheap products work so really there's no need for fancy purple coloured products in whizzy squirty bottles with people shouting at you from the telly! :lol:

But I will try my car cleaners on the door trim first! :surrender:

Even an APC like daisy (Tesco for less than a quid a bottle) wiould be worth a try.

APC is ace. I use it as a degreaser and cleaner all the time but it wouldn't damage the trim (check first though....)