Best CAI for a UK 350Z

wide

A very difficult question as there is no definitive answert. As there will be no power gain its all down to the look of the unit and the budget.

The best thing to do is to get to a meet and see the various options. Also have a chat to a trader and get an idea of prices. :)

Very difficult to answer Matt.

Like asking what's the best way to take coffee (strong and black ;) ) as everyone has personal taste on looks / brands and short or long ram etc.

They all offer a nice throaty growl when fitted. I've had a JWT popcharger (short ram with heatshield) fitted and an Injen CAI (long ram) and can honestly say I couldn't tell the difference.

I do have a modified plenum and true dual exhaust so can barely hear the difference either! :lol:

Just pick a decent kit that you like the look of.....

Best in what sense?

Best flow? Stock air box

Best noise? An open filter such as the popcharger

Best bling factor? ARC intake B)

Take a look on somewhere like www.Z1auto.com to see what you like. As said above, non offer any performance upgrade with the OEM ECU but do give a better noise and bling factor.

Best flow? Stock air box

thats a bit surprising chris, can you or any member expalin why!!

Have a read about my350z.com. Its been said before by quite a few people that the stock airbox is a very good design for the engine and provides more than enough flow for it. 06 onwards had a slightly redesigned box with a venturi ring, which supposidly gives you the best performance bang for buck out there. I think this is down to the fact that its shielded from the heat, takes in cold air from the bumper (not the engine bay) and flow is more than adequate.

Doesnt give you the nice growly noise though :surrender:

I run a pop charger for whats its worth, no noticable difference in performance, but does sound nice B)

You were just waiting to post them werent ya mate :p

You were just waiting to post them werent ya mate :p

Nope... Posted them before and just went and did a simple search... :p