Haltech ECU (reading)

From A to Zed

Hi all,

As usual I'm day dreaming about my next modification.... :D

There is some interesting reading on the TDI site about the Haltech ecu.

A 350z with a Nismo exhaust recorded a 14hp/ 32 ft lbs increase at the hubs after installing a Haltech. I assume an induction kit, spacer and highflow cats could add further gains.

Have a read:

http://tdi-plc.com/blog/category/japan/ ... u-upgrade/

Yeah Ive read that before as i'll be buying a Haltech at some point.

It would be good to know the gains with the above mods mentioned, see if its worth going to all the expense.

Simon did a Haltech - I guess he told you! So we are lucky there is someone that can get them to work up here!

Yup but Simon doesnt sell them no more, he still maps them. He pointed me towards the place that sells them for just over the £900 mark. other places Ive looked sell them for over £1300 :headhurt:

Might be worth doing if you get a 30-40bhp gain.

• 2 weeks later...
Alternative piggyback is XSturbo Utec. £650 + tuning

Expect around 10% gains i.e. 30bhp

isn't a bit of problem finding someone though who knows the software for tuning with the Utec

remember past member not having any luck in the UK

Alternative piggyback is XSturbo Utec. £650 + tuning

Expect around 10% gains i.e. 30bhp

isn't a bit of problem finding someone though who knows the software for tuning with the Utec

remember past member not having any luck in the UK

Thor Racing has experience - they did mine and it has run well for over a year.

Yup but Simon doesnt sell them no more, he still maps them. He pointed me towards the place that sells them for just over the £900 mark. other places Ive looked sell them for over £1300 :headhurt:

Might be worth doing if you get a 30-40bhp gain.

just a note that TDI ordered the haltech directly/specially from the manufacturer for me and charged me under 1k for it as I recall..

For Utec contact Thor racing

For Unichip contact GT-Art in lewes

Man, we really need a sticky with all this stuff, prices and gains if we dont already have one! :headhurt:

I assume that the gains for all chips given a basic NA tune (filter, exhause, plenum spacer) should be pretty similar? Do they all offer the same kind of tuning, just some offer more advanced features that are useful for FI?

For Utec contact Thor racing

For Unichip contact GT-Art in lewes

Man, we really need a sticky with all this stuff, prices and gains if we dont already have one! :headhurt:

I assume that the gains for all chips given a basic NA tune (filter, exhause, plenum spacer) should be pretty similar? Do they all offer the same kind of tuning, just some offer more advanced features that are useful for FI?

yep..about 10% on WHP and torque.....better spread across the rev range and AFR will be better along the rev range as well.

question is do you want a stand alone ecu for big bucks or a piggy back which is cheaper...??? Even if you go FI...a good piggy back like Utec or Unichip will do the trick if budget is tight.

I was thinking more about whats the cheapest way to do it NA? Pingu seemed to get very nice increases in torque on the daily driver rev range, which I think would make a big difference to how the car drives. Even though the peak increase doesnt look like much, for say £1k (if you could get something that cheap) then it might be worth it. Dont think any piggybacks with tuning will come in that low though.

I was thinking more about whats the cheapest way to do it NA? Pingu seemed to get very nice increases in torque on the daily driver rev range, which I think would make a big difference to how the car drives. Even though the peak increase doesnt look like much, for say £1k (if you could get something that cheap) then it might be worth it. Dont think any piggybacks with tuning will come in that low though.

tuning is about 350....equipment about 700-800 maybe..not sure..thats about the best mod you can do after filter, spacer, exhaust to make the car the best drive

tuning is about 350....equipment about 700-800 maybe..not sure..thats about the best mod you can do after filter, spacer, exhaust to make the car the best drive

Certainly tempting after you spend so much on all the breathing mods. Shame those Cobb things dont work in the UK.

Did Envy ever get their reflashing service off the ground? That was going to be the best bang for buck mod out there, but I know to get it going was going to be expensive for them.

i dont think they ever did.......... i would have been the first customer there and im pretty certain there would have been a HUGE announcement....

-ho

Yup thats what I thought. Shame really, I'm sure they would have made the money back in no time. Ho hum, I guess if they see this they might let us know why :)