Race Valeting had my work cut out today!!!

Race Valeting

Today I had booked in a rather grubby Range Rover, the owner lives out in the country so its to be expected I suppose.

Arrived at 9am and this is what I was greeted with:

237709042_o.jpg

237708992_o.jpg

237708912_o.jpg

237708943_o.jpg

237708417_o.jpg

237707736_o.jpg

237707241_o.jpg

237707324_o.jpg

237707290_o.jpg

237708773_o.jpg

237708873_o.jpg

237708825_o.jpg

Firstly the wheels were tackled with my acid free wheel cleaner and left for a couple of mins then agitated with a ez detail brush and my swissvax style brush and the arches cleaned using megs super de-greaser and also the tyres with g101.

Then I cleaned all the door/boot shuts using my swissvax style brush and g101.

Next the citrus de-greaser was sprayed to all the lowers and traffic film to help cut through it, then rinsed.

Next up was a foam using bilt hamber autofoam and left to dwell for a few mins then rinsed. This had to be repeated again to remove as much as possible before washing.

Then washed using a schmitt and dodo b2bm and rinsed.

Next I sprayed and the panels with last touch and dried using miracle drying towel.

I then polished using my trade polish to help minimise some of the swirls this was applied to the whole car then buffed.

Next I applied a layer of fk1000p and left for 20 mins to cure before buffing.

The exterior glass was then cleaned using my RV glass cloths and megs glass cleaner.

The interior was next, fully hoovered and then all the plastics cleaned using g101 and a mf and the leather also cleaned using a leather brush and weak g101 then conditioned using sonus.

All interior glass then cleaned then the plastics dressed.

Last touches were dressing all the tyres and arches using autosmart highstyle and all plastics also dressed.

Now the finished results.

237708649_o.jpg

237708710_o.jpg

237708597_o.jpg

237708228_o.jpg

237708145_o.jpg

237708099_o.jpg

237708510_o.jpg

237708031_o.jpg

237707974_o.jpg

237707909_o.jpg

237707849_o.jpg

237707667_o.jpg

237707598_o.jpg

237707360_o.jpg

237707443_o.jpg

237707406_o.jpg

237708286_o.jpg

237708472_o.jpg

237708553_o.jpg

237708357_o.jpg

Before:

237707290_o.jpg

After:

237707497_o.jpg

Before:

237709042_o.jpg

After:

237707360_o.jpg

Total time taken was 6 hrs, the clients was very happy and wants me back to do his wife's mini soon too.

Thanks for reading and all comments welcome as usual.

Paul

My Dads has the lighter interior to that (Ivory probably....) and I spent about 4 hours on the interior in September. I bet he hasn't touched it since.

The seats went from blue (he wears jeans quite a bit) back to ivory. The difference was amazing.

The car is VERY swirled though.

I think it needs a sech with the PC to make it look better.

Oh what leather brush do you use?

I struggle to find good brushes for carpets and seats.

Hi Stew

I just use a soft nail brush, think it was from elite car care, scrubbed with some weak apc them came up a treat.

From previous experince with machining Range Rover's you might have your work cut out with the PC, as even with the rotary they have prooved to be a challenge in the past, I don't envy you at all when you do it lol.

Paul

Oh what leather brush do you use?

I struggle to find good brushes for carpets and seats.

Hi Stew

I just use a soft nail brush, think it was from elite car care, scrubbed with some weak apc them came up a treat.

From previous experince with machining Range Rover's you might have your work cut out with the PC, as even with the rotary they have prooved to be a challenge in the past, I don't envy you at all when you do it lol.

Paul

Ah well, he's looking at new cars anyway... Won't bother!

Think I need a makita...

;)

Funny enough I did one of these today!! Not as easy as the zed to go over!!

Must post up some pics to show why you shouldnt take your car through a petrol station car wash!! Bonnet looks like 2 cats have been praticing for strictly come dancing....!!

Best brush ( or so I found out today!) for carpets is the megs one... dog hair came out with ease!

Anyone have any advice for getting the plastic / rubber bits back to black again? (Back to black didnt work!! It was more like light grey to slightly darker grey!)

Funny enough I did one of these today!! Not as easy as the zed to go over!!

Must post up some pics to show why you shouldnt take your car through a petrol station car wash!! Bonnet looks like 2 cats have been praticing for strictly come dancing....!!

Best brush ( or so I found out today!) for carpets is the megs one... dog hair came out with ease!

Anyone have any advice for getting the plastic / rubber bits back to black again? (Back to black didnt work!! It was more like light grey to slightly darker grey!)

The best product for plastic trims is black wow, quite expensive @ £19 for 250ml but you only use a pea size blob and its goes so far.

I have some new pots of this for sale if anyone is interested.

Paul