Pics from work today (also some pics for martinmac...)

BulletMagnet

Today I had something with big rims...

003-2.jpg

Huge exhaust...

004-1.jpg

But sadly it was only one of these...

002-2.jpg

BUT, I did ad some free advertising to it :thumbs:

001-2.jpg

This is where I work, the Port Of Felixstowe (pic taken from Landguard Terminal)

005-1.jpg

Whilst over at Landguard I took some pics that martinmac might be all too familiar with...hehe

006.jpg

Check out the guy with the boyracer show-off exhausts!

He better be gettin busy with fine wirewool and Autosol on those, lol

007.jpg

I'm liking the fourth one.... makes a change from 'I wish my wife was as dirty as this' and so on :thumbs:

Some workplace random pics would be interesting. Mine on the other hand would be very boring indeed - no one wants to see law firm offices :yawn: (that includes me most days :lol: )

Pardon my ignorance, what the bit yellow and black boom for in the 5th pic?

005-1.jpg

That's part of the expansion development the port is going thru.

You see where that blue ship is on the right?

We are reclaiming land in that area so we can expand the landguard quayside.

There are plans to increase the number of cranes on landguard too, hopefully by the end of the year.

I cant see the pics on using my ships sat connection unfortunatly.

Isnt the Languard extension the one that Maersk is funding?

I seem to remember last time I was in Felixstowe (2007), our agent was giving out leaflets and telling us all how great the new terminal will be.

(*mutters something abou the borg taking over the world...*)

That blue ship is a Norfolk Line Ro-Ro.

Landguard extension will primarily be given Maersk priority afaik.

I doubt that Hutchinson would have let Maersk take over their port, even if it's only partial.

Currently there are only some dinky cranes on Landguard, but an order for 12 cranes (I think) has been made and they will be bigger than the biggest one we currently have over at Trinity.

So it should easily cope with the likes of the Emma Maersk class vessels.

I did work on the Emma Maersk on her maiden call to Felixstowe, impressive to say the least, but 23 wide is alot of lashing!

I'd be fired in a flash if I took photos around my work, what with all the prototype Jags/Aston Martins driving around the site. :ninja:

In the meantime you can make us all very jealous. :p

That's part of the expansion development the port is going thru.

You see where that blue ship is on the right?

We are reclaiming land in that area so we can expand the landguard quayside.

There are plans to increase the number of cranes on landguard too, hopefully by the end of the year.

That's really cool. At least it keeps it interesting, there would always be action with the expansion.

I had a wander around the Emma whilst she was being built in Odense. Was there about a week before the fire which destroyed her accomodation.

They are impressive pieces of kit. I sailed on the B-Class with Maersk which were pretty much a miniture version of the E-class.

If you lashed over at Trinity, I probably seen you! Been in loads on the G's and B's over the past 8 years.

Al

I had a wander around the Emma whilst she was being built in Odense. Was there about a week before the fire which destroyed her accomodation.

They are impressive pieces of kit. I sailed on the B-Class with Maersk which were pretty much a miniture version of the E-class.

If you lashed over at Trinity, I probably seen you! Been in loads on the G's and B's over the past 8 years.

Al

We had Emmas sister ship in too once.

Been a Trinity Berth-Op for about six years now.

If you have any say in the matter of lashing gear, could you make a case to go back to the old hook-end bottlescrews as opposed to the new opentype bottle screws with one way ratchet nuts?

I used to love the hook-end ones, so much easier to lash and unlash.

Well, you should be able to pick me out easily in the winter, I usually wear a shemagh and wrap it round my head to look like a terrorist. :lol:

Al

We had Emmas sister ship in too once.

Been a Trinity Berth-Op for about six years now.

If you have any say in the matter of lashing gear, could you make a case to go back to the old hook-end bottlescrews as opposed to the new opentype bottle screws with one way ratchet nuts?

I used to love the hook-end ones, so much easier to lash and unlash.

Well, you should be able to pick me out easily in the winter, I usually wear a shemagh and wrap it round my head to look like a terrorist. :lol:

I escaped the Borg late last year. Had enough of the deep sea nonsense. But I know exactly what you are saying about those bottlescrews!

I work for SFPA at the moment harassing Scottish Fishermen, but hope to be shifting companies again in the near future.

Oh btw, were you at Trinity when a dumbass checker didn't pay attention and let a crane driver take off a shoreside ROB that was still lashed with bellybars, and thus ripping the WHOLE bellybar off it's cleat, then falling off the ship at high tide and hitting a berth op?

It hit his leg directly, no bounce of the ground first.

He now works as a IMV driver since he cannot perform any B-Op duties anymore.