PERFORMANCE EXHAUST causes a loss in power?????????

givememorepower

Just sat and read a post regarding a guy who removed his standard silencer, and picked something up in a reply to him about losing low down torque but gaining only noise?

Is it true that if I increase the backflow by adding for eg. a K1 with Y-pipe I'll ultimately make my cars performance worse?? :headhurt: Is this related to engine compression? How would I overcome this problem, or it it basically down to how much I cough up for one?

I'm also in the process of talking our lass into buying me a JWT Popcharger for my birthday this month (along with some Eibach spacers might I add :teeth: ), and now am really worried that my car will end up running like a diesel corsavan!?

Is it worth the money, or will I only gain noise, and lose that ever so sexy wheel spinning torque?

Well consiering I could spin the wheels of my 46bhp Nova 1.2 with no torque I guess you'll be ok.

It's not like it all drops off!

I think you might find that the post was directed at decats or something. These seem to lose torque although I've never had personal experience of them.

Ah-but did your nova spin without dumping the clutch if you dropped it into third at 80? or in fifth coming out of a wet bend!?

You may be right about the decats, I just panicked when I read it as I've been saving up for a while now so I can start spending on my car. Starting with a JWT and exhaust, and I have a quote from Wizards of NOS.

_started wondering if it really was worth the bother and cost.

Cheers.

Ah-but did your nova spin without dumping the clutch if you dropped it into third at 80? or in fifth coming out of a wet bend!?

You may be right about the decats, I just panicked when I read it as I've been saving up for a while now so I can start spending on my car. Starting with a JWT and exhaust, and I have a quote from Wizards of NOS.

_started wondering if it really was worth the bother and cost.

Cheers.:D

If your Zed is spinning in either of those situations then I think you need new tyres!

Spend cash on that and you'll notice more performance difference than most Zed mods.

Remember the self cancelling ECU at all times.......

Ha Ha, you're right about my tyres! I have approx 2.5mm on the front and border line on the rear- but what can you do!!

Will the ECU affect a JWT and Cat Back then?

Do I need a piggy back at this stage?

You should seriously be spending your cash on tyes, especially with the weather how it is..........

Yeah I know, but not until I have no choice due to danger or the law, as my car is only a weekend toy at best, and tyres a bloody expensive. How long should four tyres last me then (how many miles do you get out of yours) with regular fast/normal driving? Is six thousand miles silly low for a lifespan of four Bridestone potenzas?

And the age old question, which brand should I get? I've picked up on this site that Michelin Pilot's are a favorite.

Yeah I know, but not until I have no choice due to danger or the law, as my car is only a weekend toy at best, and tyres a bloody expensive.

Given that a Popcharger + exhaust has got to be in the region of £500-ish, I'd say you've got enough money to spend on tyres. ;)

Either go MPS all round for the best grip/feel combination that I've ever used, or stick with another pair of RE040s. Don't mix tyres on the car, it's asking for trouble in this weather.

I'll probably get the Michelins I should think. My Bridestones were fitted at around the 10k mark, and now I'm close to 15k, so not lasted long.

I had thought about scrubbing these ones off as an excuse to buy some shiny nice new wheels with some nice new tyres on them, but can't afford the wheels at present. Don't get me wrong they do still grip, just not so much in the wet or ice, so I use my van instead.

I'm off to a garage tomorrow for some boot struts so I'll get checked professionally then.

Sacrificing the JWT and exhaust is a sensible idea for tyres, if it keeps snowing then I might just have to. Before something silly happens.

:drive1

Cheers.