Envy Valeting vs BMW M3 E46

Envy Valeting

A tough cookie this was thats for sure and the work was spread over 3 days, mainly due to the weather at home!

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01892.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01895.jpg

Wheels 1st with Espuma Revolution and a selection of brushes inc EZ detail and Envy Brushes.

DSC01896.jpg

Pre soaked with Envy SSF

DSC01897.jpg

Rinsed and washed with Dodo Juice Sour Power, dried and looking a lot better

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

Time for a quick look at the reason for the paint correction before I clayed

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

Car has seen a lot of car wash action, but its new to its current owner. Clay time, roof and uppers as expected...

DSC01904.jpg

Lowers the same...

DSC01905.jpg

Paint thickness readings were taken and got ready to correct.

DSC01906.jpg

1 pass with Swissvax CF pro-gonna need something stronger!

DSC01907.jpg

Stepped up to 3M fast cut plus

DSC01908.jpg

The paint was very tough and was needing 2-3 passes over the whole car, then refined as a seperate stage to follow.

DSC01909.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

A reminder why we are correcting!

DSC01911.jpg

And what can be achieved

DSC01912.jpg

All corrected at long last

DSC01913.jpg

Give the car a de-dust and IPA wipedown before retiring for the night

DSC01919.jpg

Another de-dust and very soft wipe over ready to cleanse and add the Dodo Blue Velvet followed by new Red Mist. Tyres were dressed, glass cleaned, exhausts buffed etc etc.

DSC01920.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01922.jpg

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

Nice to get my hands on another M3 :yahoo: , estimated time on job 17hrs!

Thanks for looking

Tim

looks great B)

have those wheels been refurbed? They dont seem to have the normal polished shine of the std m3 19's

Well spotted! Normal M3 alloys are indeed polished but over time the laquer peels and the best fix is whats been done here.

Paint the wheel silver 1st the re-paint the inners black. Looks the same from afar but more durable.

Top Job B)

My M3 looks exactly the same as that one (before the paint correction :blush:), how did you clean the exhaust tips? I've had Autosol on mine but the tips seem to be a matt kind of finish but the ones in the pics looks like a chrome finish like the zeds......................

fantastic job fella!

what was the damage?

or rather what would i expect for my Zed to have similar TLC?!

Zeds are less difficult (generally) as the paint is softer than BMW's. BM paint is amongst the hardest to correct, plus Z's are smaller so you'd not be talking BM money.

Where are you based, be happy to quote you anytime ;)

Tim

Top Job B)

My M3 looks exactly the same as that one (before the paint correction :blush:), how did you clean the exhaust tips? I've had Autosol on mine but the tips seem to be a matt kind of finish but the ones in the pics looks like a chrome finish like the zeds......................

Lucky you! Wish I had an M3 :p , exhaust tips I used autosol and some FINE wirewool like you get at plumbers merchants or B+Q.

Top Job B)

Lucky you! Wish I had an M3 :p , exhaust tips I used autosol and some FINE wirewool like you get at plumbers merchants or B+Q.

Cheers will give it a go but can't help thinking that the wirewool is just going to make a mess of it............ :surrender:

Loving those results Envy!

As a black owner I would love to get this done (shame you are too far away from me), how much would that cost if you don't mind me asking?

Ps My swirl marks are not that bad but I SEE THEM! :lol:

Thankyou very much for the praise :teeth: I have a big grin on my face.

Where are you? Nowhere is TOO far away, its just a case of making it a round trip ;)

I know what you mean about swirls, some see a clean shiny car. BUT people like us see a clean, shiny swirly car!

PM me some details and I'll get back to you over the next couple of days if thats ok? I'm working away tomorrow and its going to be a long day.

Tim

PM sent.

BTW does the colour matter or impact on the results? mine is a kuro too!:p

No, colour is not a big deal but personally I prefer SOLID colours like black, blue, red (and I include metallics in this) etc as its possible to see a HUGE transformation. Silver, white etc the differance is still there but harder to see with the naked eye if that makes sense?

PM recieved thankyou and I have replied, but in short yes please!

Loving those results Envy!

As a black owner I would love to get this done (shame you are too far away from me), how much would that cost if you don't mind me asking?

Ps My swirl marks are not that bad but I SEE THEM! :lol:

Thankyou very much for the praise :teeth: I have a big grin on my face.

Where are you? Nowhere is TOO far away, its just a case of making it a round trip ;)

I know what you mean about swirls, some see a clean shiny car. BUT people like us see a clean, shiny swirly car!

PM me some details and I'll get back to you over the next couple of days if thats ok? I'm working away tomorrow and its going to be a long day.

Tim

As a Glasgow guy do you think he would be pi**ed that I am not in Hampshire, Sussex or Surrey! ;)