Vibrating Nob?

Hamster

;)

Morning.. noticed on a test drive that when idle (at the lights) there was a slight vibration from the gear stick. I dont remember this on others.. is this normal?? Also a bit of a flat spot when changing gear at very low reves 1k-1.5k (it was a bit icey hence getting into 2nd quickly) :D

Cheers :thumbs:

My standard nob vibrated a lot so the Dr prescribed a Nismo nob, this cleared up my condition quite quickly.

Being serious (for just a moment) the Nissan OEM shifter is quick chunky and my Nismo one is very slim so this could explain why it 'appears' to not vibrate.

I have seen this post before and it seems quite normal for the 276bhp cars.

Matt

see extract from Evo long term test article - 350z)

"And then there's that vibration. If you remember the 350Z we had on Car of the Year (issue 063), you may recall we dubbed it the Ginger Tingler for its lurid paintjob and the vibrations through the gearstick. Well, I can reveal that it's not just the ginger ones that tingle, the blue ones do too. Apparently it's a 'characteristic' - Nissan's engineers could have masked it, but it would have made the shift feel more rubbery, so they left it alone."

It's just a "characteristic" of the 350 - new and old ones do it. It shouldn't vibrate too much though, just a very small amount. My old golf used to do it. Personally the gear change in the 350 is one of the best around in many cars I've compared - very tight and small throw movement. Although it can feel a bit "jolty" after the change - again just a characteristic.