Glenshee today

ab350z

Thought i'd post a couple pics from my boarding trip today. Left Aberdeen at 7.30am in snow, hit the slopes just after 10am, 66 miles in 2 1/2 hours, roads were awful! Had a VERY scary moment in Ballater where I truly believe someone was watching over me, needed pushed 6 times on the Glenshee road and had 5 fellow boarders (note, not a skier in sight) pushing me out the car park!! Still well worth it!!!

On a side note, having done that road and the Lecht run in the same week, Aberdeen - Braemar for an Aberdeen run out has my vote over the the Lecht run, despite averaging 17mph all day!!

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

Looks great mate, we were planning to go to the footy today but the game was called off due to the road conditions around Todders so we headed back to mine and got the gear loaded up and headed off to Glenshee, only to get to Blairgowrie and the boys in blue were not letting any one through.

The road in from the top always appears to more accessible than from the bottom.

Looks very quiet.

The Military Road from the Aberdeen side was an absolute nightmare. Had an old Merc infront stop about a dozen times just spinning away going nowhere. Had a cheeky officer of the law wind his window down and tell me "Thats hardly the car for this weather!" Glenshee were deciding whether to open or not at 10am, lucky we stuck around cos it cleared up nicely.

It was actually pretty busy, only 2 base levels lifts operating, no chairs cos of winds, bout 20 mins queue to get on.

:scare:

Well done Chris. Well seen you weren't brought up as a toonser! I could have rented you the gaylander for a VERY good price! :D

Alex, I was going to go to Todders and now I'm working for the new date. Couldn't really make it in after work on time. :dry: