MICHELIN Pilot Sport for £150 fitted !!!!!

adammitch69

Wow can anyone give some more information on this...

The ones on black circles are 245/45/18 (100) Y Reinforced

The ones on TyreTraders are 245/45/18 (96) Y

Anyone know if there is much of a difference between them Tyretraders does not mention if they are reinforced or not!

Thanks i just wondered if they were a slightly different tyre as well as the speed rating differnce but just been on Michelin's website and according to the the only

245/45/18 is a 96 Y so obviously a typo on Black cirles maybe ??? :headhurt:

Anyway seems a real good price. I guess i'll be a guinepig a order them. I dont mind taking one for the team :lol:

Hi,

They were Mich Pilot Sport 2 tyres

2-235/45 17

2-225/45 17

Not sure of the tread pattern and I can't check as car is in UK being registered etc and I am back in France, will be back in UK to pick car up in about 12 days.

The tyres came from Kinson Tyre Services in Poole.

Hope this helps.

Are they the MPS 2 the ones with the v pattern Uni directional ones or the other mps ones with the similar tread to the re040s. If it is the good ones then that's a. Bloody good price

Other way round Rich, the PS1s were the v pattern and the PS2s are like the RE040s.

The PS2 is considered to be the better tyre and is all you can get now, confusingly though it's called the Pilot Sport just like the original :bang: They're what I'm running, and I'm eager to see the outcome of this thread.

sorry if this is stupid question, but can these be put on as fronts and rears? thanks

you can use these tyres at the front.

infact the best reccommendation i can give you and many on the forum will agree, is get same tyres all round i.e. same make and brand, dont change the offset though i.e 245/45/18 rear and 225/45/18 at the front (thats if you have the rays) not sure what the 17s are

sorry if this is stupid question, but can these be put on as fronts and rears? thanks

infact the best reccommendation i can give you and many on the forum will agree, is get same tyres all round i.e. same make and brand, dont change the offset though i.e 245/45/18 rear and 225/45/18 at the front (thats if you have the rays) not sure what the 17s are

thanks for that, exactly what i needed to know. getting the same tyres is easier for me anyway!

thanks for that, exactly what i needed to know. getting the same tyres is easier for me anyway!

does this mean you managed to find a 350 that you liked?

does this mean you managed to find a 350 that you liked?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... gLetter=07

have agreed a price for the one above. am paying a bit over the odds to be honest, but i liked the ICE system that's been put in. i know it's not a 313, but i heard the difference between the engines are not hugely noticeable in terms of everyday driving and even at top speeds.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how anyone else got on but I ordered them pretty much that day or next that the thread was posted. Had the order confirmed and then a couple days later I got a call saying they don’t show live stock as they distribute for many tyre companies that upload their stock and prices or something along those lines. Anyway they only had one in stock and tried offering me the pilot sport 2 for an extra £130.00 :scare: of course I kindly declined the offer and they then were going to issue a refund :headhurt:

I had some money in my paypal account so I paid via that account, they had accepted the money I sent which meant if they repaid my account then I would have been charged for the pleasure or so I believe anyway! (don’t quote me on that one!)

So after a little :rant: exchange of views the guy said he was going to seek advise from his boss! I get a call about 30 mins later all sorted sourced the tyres from elsewhere and 24hrs later they were on my doorstep!

I had mine delivered and going to have them fitted by a friends garage today so forgot about this thread till just a minute ago, just thought I would add an update!

I also bought some for my other car a couple days ago again very good price and these arrived without any problem within 48hrs :thumbs: