Ultra Yellow Bumper Respay *UPDATED PICS*

Beavis

Looks very orange-peely (yes thats the technical term!). I have 50/50 shots of the original paint vs new paint and I think the amount of orange-peel on it deserves a re-spreay :rant: Colour match is good though.

Cant the body shop help in buffing that out. Mine looked superb but even so they are going to polish it up for me to get rid of any imperfections.

Just hope that i am happy when i mate it up to the car. :sweat:

Going to get in contact with them and see what they say. According to DetailersWorld, Jap cars normally have orange peel paint anway, so the fact that this is worse than Nissans attemp means I'm not happy. At home now so will upload the pics and start a thread :thumbs:

Got my bumper back and i have started to refit it. Just got to put my reg plate back on and my new zed badge. For information the headlight washer covers are the original colour.

And yeah before anyone says anything my tax disc holder sucks. :p

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

just found this thread d,oh. looks great, learned a lot from this thread. was very wary about purchasing skirts etc because of the nightmare paint match. looks superb. you care to reveal total cost for that job and paint cost???? seems you picked a top bodyshop to do the job. :thumbs:

just found this thread d,oh. looks great, learned a lot from this thread. was very wary about purchasing skirts etc because of the nightmare paint match. looks superb. you care to reveal total cost for that job and paint cost???? seems you picked a top bodyshop to do the job. :thumbs:

It cost me the thick end of £500 but you might be able to get it done for less. I used a Mercedes-Benz repairer for this. But when you find a body shop they realy need to understand the process for this paint. Find a bodyshop that oozes confidence and get them to do some sample spray cards first. But my job as not been without problems and they had to do it several times before i was happy. :)